Wella Koleston Perfect clean blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairfarmj

Reaction score
I only use wella koleston perfect and i am slightly struggling to get a really clean blonde using the 12/ range. They are seaming to be a bit on the yellow side. My client is base of a 7. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Use bleach and low vol developer to lift to a 10 then tone out the yellow.

Highlift tints don’t contain enough colour pigment to neutralise anything with strong yellow tones and not enough lightener to lift anything lower than an 8 to a level 10.

If you have a client saying they don’t want bleach ask them what do they think a highlift tint contains? ;)

Use bleach and low vol developer to lift to a 10 then tone out the yellow.

Highlift tints don’t contain enough colour pigment to neutralise anything with strong yellow tones and not enough lightener to lift anything lower than an 8 to a level 10.

If you have a client saying they don’t want bleach ask them what do they think a highlift tint contains? ;)

Thank-you that's what I thought. Client is 16 & her mum didn't want us to use bleach but i think it would give the best results.

Find out exactly what result she is trying to achieve , if it’s a platinum blonde that is simply not achievable without bleach,

I only use wella koleston perfect and i am slightly struggling to get a really clean blonde using the 12/ range. They are seaming to be a bit on the yellow side. My client is base of a 7. Any advice would be gratefully received.
12/81+12/61 lift very clean 12%leave the full 60 minutes

I use 12.0 (for lift) & 12.1 (for tone) equal parts with 40vol and leave an hour. Sometimes I cover it as well. Lovely bright clean blonde and I have clients of level 6/7 that I use this on. Just be careful 1st time in case they have sensitve skin.

Apply at the roots in the end!!

Latest posts

Back