Wella Koleston Perfect new formula

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marte

Reaction score
Wondering if u guys can hello , I’ve been using ...say 77/0 or anything like double figure /0 .... like 99/0 or 88/0 to cover grey:white was perfect !! Now it’s transparent still not covering , am I doing something wrong? Please help , thank you in advance

Hi are you using wella koleston perfect peroxide? I used any brand and it didn’t cover..once I used perfects peroxide it covered.

KP has recently changed their formula and quite a few geeks have commented on its lack of coverage. Might be time to look for another colour line?

I agree I used 88/0 on my client usually covers perfectly but I found a few white hairs were still shining through and I thought it looked a bit darker than usual

Hey guys I spoke to Wella today and apparently you now have to mix a single tone with it , so say we use 88/0 30mls then we add 15mls of either a ash tone like a 8/1 or a warmer tone instead like 8/7 with 6% and yes I did use the new peroxide that comes with it ect .... and still wasn’t covering when I was doing just a 88/0 ect .... haven’t tried this way yet as only spoke to them today ..... and have been trying other brands ..... but would like to stick to Wella if this does work ..... so I will try again and let you lovely people know how I get on ......thank you

I have a resistant grey client who always has 44/0 I'm petrefied it's not going to cover! She goes all through her hair after I've coloured it, she's so fussy!!

Ok so today I did 88/0 , 30mls + 8/0, 15mls +6% did it all , went thru it again after 20mins and it did cover it well and over all left it on for 45mins . What I find it’s gone a bit darker then usual but I mean I could live with that I did comb it thru mid ends because it looked like it was darker ... so over all covered very well adding that 8/0 but I think next time I’m going to add an 8th instead of 15ml to see if it’s not as dark and if so think i need to use a 99/0 instead in the future .... hope that helps .... and if u want it ash use a 8/1 I suppose instead of 8/0 [emoji848] [emoji4][emoji4]

I agree I used 88/0 on my client usually covers perfectly but I found a few white hairs were still shining through and I thought it looked a bit darker than usual

Yes I found it darker too maybe we need to use a 99/0 instead

Latest posts

Back