Wella Koleston Special Mix

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rtee

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been dying my hair orange/red/copper for a while now and was looking for a permanent colour to do my roots as otherwise I have to use a blonde and then used Special Effects semi to make it red/orange.

I found Wella Koleston on Sally's website and then looked at the Wella website to find a matching colour. I was really excited when I found the Special Mixes as 0/43 is the exact colour I want. It said on the Wella website that these colours can be used to correct a colour, add to brighten a colour and can be used on their own with welloxon perfect!

I have now received my order and it doesn't say this in the instructions and after looking on the internet a lot of people say you can't use the special mixes on their own!! But it does say so on the website! What will happen if I do use this on its own?

I need to colour my hair in the next couple of days so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi there, usually you wont get much of a colour difference with the special mixes. The only one i have found with give a colour and still needs to be on prelightened hair is 0/65 the pink one. the others as far as i have found are either used in colour correction or to enhance the permenant tints. x

to get exceptional results use them on pre lightened hair, then any of them will work. the mixing ratio is 1:1 with all of the mixer tones apart from 0/43 as that is 1:2 ratio

Hi, if your not a trained hairdresser .... then you could always take it to your local college and ask them to mix and apply it for you x

to get exceptional results use them on pre lightened hair, then any of them will work. the mixing ratio is 1:1 with all of the mixer tones apart from 0/43 as that is 1:2 ratio
Thanks so much for this, I took your advice and it has come out beautifully! I will probably put a Special Effects semi on it in a week or two to make sure it stays bright as I like it really orange/copper. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back