Wella Koleston

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah797

Reaction score
I have a client with a natural base 3 wanting to go slightly lighter and add some tone. She likes wella koleston 5/75 but because she has white hair through the t section I am worried it won't cover. I have advised that I add a bit of 5/0 to 5/75 with 6% to ensure the white covers but have said that the overall colour will not lighten a great deal.

What are your thoughts on this?
Thanks

You need to make sure you use a double base and then add the tone you want using the special mix as this will prevent it from taking if you mix anything with the double bases! Without a double base you will find it looks translucent on the white hair x

You only really need double base if the hair is resistant.

OP would you say its only a small amount of white? As in below 30%?

If so 5/75 with 9% alone should be fine.

Ahh yes sorry. Just a quick question a lady of mine has 100% white resistant hair we have always used 66/0. Pre softening has never worked. It always left a shadow where it's not fully taken. Then last time I added a special mix and it grabbed completely. Would there be a reason for this. Same peroxide and same amount of time left on x

Ahh yes sorry. Just a quick question a lady of mine has 100% white resistant hair we have always used 66/0. Pre softening has never worked. It always left a shadow where it's not fully taken. Then last time I added a special mix and it grabbed completely. Would there be a reason for this. Same peroxide and same amount of time left on x

When you say a shadow do you mean there's like a translucency?

The special mix added more pigment more than likely.

Have you tried the colour shock technique? X

Yeah I do!

Nope sorry I don't know what that is x

Yeah I do!

Nope sorry I don't know what that is x

I'm a little foggy in it but you apply neat tint to the root area and leave for i think 10 minutes then apply your tint and developer straight over it.

Am i right? @kahuna hair

I'm a little foggy in it but you apply neat tint to the root area and leave for i think 10 minutes then apply your tint and developer straight over it.

Am i right? @kahuna hair

Ahh okay. Thank you. Something to think about maybe in the future but I'm thinking this way there is less product being used x

Latest posts

Back