Wella Koleston

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah797

Reaction score
Hiya

I am a mobile Hairdresser and would like a little advice on wella Koleston. I have a client with a base level 5 and she has recently had 5/77 on her hair. She has now decided she wants a light ash brown. I’ve explained I cannot lighten her hair massively using tint alone but wondered if I would get a lighter result if I used 6/1 with 6%? Would 6/1 alone be ash enough with the lady having 5/77 on her hair previously?

Thank you :)

Hiya

I am a mobile Hairdresser and would like a little advice on wella Koleston. I have a client with a base level 5 and she has recently had 5/77 on her hair. She has now decided she wants a light ash brown. I’ve explained I cannot lighten her hair massively using tint alone but wondered if I would get a lighter result if I used 6/1 with 6%? Would 6/1 alone be ash enough with the lady having 5/77 on her hair previously?

I would imagine the only thing that you would achieve is lighter roots where the virgin hair will lift more, and possibly a flatter /more neutral colour on the m.l.e.
You could lift the hair slightly using a pastel cleanse. Usually 1part blondor +4 parts pastel developer. Leave until desired result is achieved (1 level lighter than target shade is ideal) then go in with whatever you need to counteract the warmth for thar level.

I would imagine the only thing that you would achieve is lighter roots where the virgin hair will lift more, and possibly a flatter /more neutral colour on the m.l.e.
You could lift the hair slightly using a pastel cleanse. Usually 1part blondor +4 parts pastel developer. Leave until desired result is achieved (1 level lighter than target shade is ideal) then go in with whatever you need to counteract the warmth for thar level.

Latest posts

Back