Wella KP 12/81 and purple hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny5

Reaction score
Can ANYONE HELP! I’m new to wella and used wella kp 22/81 on my natural red root base 7 and old bleached mid length and ends and wow I have purple hair! It’s actually not to bad on the ends ( after washing 3 times) but the roots haven’t even touched so there a different colour to the rest of my hair . Going forward as my roots grow more what should I use and any recommendations on what to do with the purple bits ??

Can ANYONE HELP! I’m new to wella and used wella kp 22/81 on my natural red root base 7 and old bleached mid length and ends and wow I have purple hair! It’s actually not to bad on the ends ( after washing 3 times) but the roots haven’t even touched so there a different colour to the rest of my hair . Going forward as my roots grow more what should I use and any recommendations on what to do with the purple bits ??
I take it you meant 12/81? How warm is your natural colour?

Little confused as to 22/81?

Sorry guys yes 12/81! And naturally ginger
26453cc34cc09a6c573530744642c76d.jpg

I love the colour. I think it really suits you. :p

Just for clarification, you used it as a high lift tint? And not a toner am I right?
If so swap it for 12/89 or 12/1 next time. They're not as pigmented. And don't put it through to your ends.
If you want to remove some of that lilac use either bleach and water or a deep cleansing shampoo a few times :)

Just for clarification, you used it as a high lift tint? And not a toner am I right?
If so swap it for 12/89 or 12/1 next time. They're not as pigmented. And don't put it through to your ends.
If you want to remove some of that lilac use either bleach and water or a deep cleansing shampoo a few times :)

Good Morning ,
Thanks for the reply just a few more questions if that’s ok ? yes I used it has a high lift tint ,thanks for the alternative suggestions, but as the 12/81 didn’t touch my root what should I do about this now? Also would 12/89 or 12/1 touch my root ? The ginger in me is fighting back !
Thanks x

Good Morning ,
Thanks for the reply just a few more questions if that’s ok ? yes I used it has a high lift tint ,thanks for the alternative suggestions, but as the 12/81 didn’t touch my root what should I do about this now? Also would 12/89 or 12/1 touch my root ? The ginger in me is fighting back !
Thanks x
I feel like it looks like it has lifted the root, but your root still looks warm compared to your violet ends? Could that be a possibility?
If your ends weren't so cool, woukd your roots look warm?
If you don't think this is the case, then I think you'll be better off bleaching your root and toning it :)

I feel like it looks like it has lifted the root, but your root still looks warm compared to your violet ends? Could that be a possibility?
If your ends weren't so cool, woukd your roots look warm?
If you don't think this is the case, then I think you'll be better off bleaching your root and toning it :)

Thanks so much x

Latest posts

Back