Wella KP color help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdkim

Reaction score
Hi, what a great community! A new older client has 100% white/some gray hair. Her previous colorist (another state) did a beautiful light blond with some gold lowlights for years. Mix - Wella Kp 99/0 1 oz, 88/0 1/2 oz, 8/0 one inch, 6 % volume. Client did box dyes during covid. With the same kp mix I got a brassy gold tone trying to re establish color base before low lights (or high lights?). Suggestions why this might happen?

Hi, what a great community! A new older client has 100% white/some gray hair. Her previous colorist (another state) did a beautiful light blond with some gold lowlights for years. Mix - Wella Kp 99/0 1 oz, 88/0 1/2 oz, 8/0 one inch, 6 % volume. Client did box dyes during covid. With the same kp mix I got a brassy gold tone trying to re establish color base before low lights (or high lights?). Suggestions why this might happen?
It's the bases that give that brassy tone. Koleston perfect has a brunette undertone, whereas most colour ranges has green or blue undertone.
Koleston perfect has been reformulated in the last 2-3 years, so maybe the new formula isn't the same as what she had before.
You could use 88/0 + 9/1 or try 2parts 99/0 + 1 part 88/02 I would also consider using 4% instead of 6% - this will still give you 100% coverage, but with help stop the glowing warm roots that can happen with 6%

Thank you. I noticed the box changed,
then wondered if it’s a different product since mid 2019.

Thank you. I noticed the box changed,
then wondered if it’s a different product since mid 2019.
Yeah I do think there are slight changes.

Latest posts

Back