Wella lowlight help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halafihi101

Reaction score
Hello can someone give me advice please. I use wella, what is the best way to lowlight on blonde hair? I can’t work out if I’m doing it wrong..
I don’t know why but when I do someone’s hair with lowlights and they wash it after a few times (with good shampoo) it all just merged into one colour and doesn’t look like they have lowlights

I have one lady and I do 6/16 illumina and it always looks lovely to start with then it goes with one wash

she likes it ashy, and I better using CT something like 7/89?

Hello can someone give me advice please. I use wella, what is the best way to lowlight on blonde hair? I can’t work out if I’m doing it wrong..
I don’t know why but when I do someone’s hair with lowlights and they wash it after a few times (with good shampoo) it all just merged into one colour and doesn’t look like they have lowlights

I have one lady and I do 6/16 illumina and it always looks lovely to start with then it goes with one wash

she likes it ashy, and I better using CT something like 7/89?
What strength developer are you using with your tints for lowlights?
I always use colour touch more often than not, for lowlights. 7/89 obviously isn't as dark as 6/16 so again you'll find it'll fade easily. 6/71 would be a good choice, you coukd add some 7/89 for its tonal qualities, but I'd do 1part 7/89 + 2parts 6/71 + 1.9%

When using illumina I use 6%

amazing Thankyou I will try that! I always find that when I do it aswell they look ashy to start with then it washes up really warm!

Why are you using 6%? As a lowlight, you would use pastel with illumina, becaue you're depositing only. 6% with a permanent tint will create lift, that's why it's fadng so quickly.

If you're using Wella, Color touch Plus will low light on porous hair.
It has a built in 'prestain' as it's designed for a high % of white hair.
Comes with its own developer, mix between shades within the range but not the rest of Colour touch. Don't 'add base to cover', it works as it comes.

Latest posts

Back