Wella Magma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi all
Looking at highlighting my hair in the future, has anyone used this product? I notice they do other shades other than red, as I will be looking for a blonder look, fancied not having bleach this time. My hair is a natural 4/0 and reading up it will lift my natural colour. Any comments on this product, thx

Planning on doing mine before the end of the week (with or without sealer i'm not yet sure, might end up selling the pack iv got in favour of a one treatment pack as these come with both products) will let you know how it goes.

Only think i would say is that everything i've read say these colours are permanent in the reallest sense...they alter the hair from the inside and though you can apparently colour over them, you'll never remove the tint even with some of Wella's own highlighting proucts such as blondor etc so you really have to make sure you get the right colour and be prepared to go darker when you get bored, else your better with a general tint like koleston or igora - i'm going for it purely for the intensity of the red i'm after but if i was lightening i'd use one of these instead.

(Thanks for your help by the way, will try out the hotline asap!)

Hi all
Looking at highlighting my hair in the future, has anyone used this product? I notice they do other shades other than red, as I will be looking for a blonder look, fancied not having bleach this time. My hair is a natural 4/0 and reading up it will lift my natural colour. Any comments on this product, thx

Well, how "blonder" do you want to be? :lol: level please?
Scruples Blazing I know would give you up to a level 9 very easy..maybe a 10. Not sure about Wella

Well, how "blonder" do you want to be? :lol: level please?
Scruples Blazing I know would give you up to a level 9 very easy..maybe a 10. Not sure about Wella
Well last time I went blondish I had bleach highlights. I keep seeing asian hair with lovely caramel lights, It just isnt bleach I suspect its something like Magma being used as. I want it to be fairly light probably a 9 or 10. I had a look at the Wella website and fairly certain Magma would give my dark hair a good enough lift. Now Sruples Blazing is this the same kind of thing? Im qualified can I get this Scruples from a wholesalers? would love to hear more about Scruples, thanks.

Do you have any tint on atm ?

Tint doesn't lift tint hth's x

Do you have any tint on atm ?

Tint doesn't lift tint hth's x
Yes i know that, I have had my hair previously coloured but prob will grow it out as my hair is still short atm. Just been down to the wholesalers and bumped into a neighbour who does use Magma and she says Id prob be best not using a full head colour anymore and to then use magma to lighten it using foils.

Sorry,i didn't mean to state the obvious :o

Sorry,i didn't mean to state the obvious :o
Its no probs Becki!! After all Im asking for advice etc. Thanks so much for replying x

I had a look at the Wella website and fairly certain Magma would give my dark hair a good enough lift. Now Sruples Blazing is this the same kind of thing? Im qualified can I get this Scruples from a wholesalers? would love to hear more about Scruples, thanks.

Here is the website for it. I don't know if they are in the UK area yet.But since you do hair.;) and have looked at the wella line, why don't you go for it? As I said before I am not familiar with the Magma line.If it doesn't do what you are looking for, there are other options.
Scruples

Hi

I use magma in the salon, basically what it is is a bleach with a built in toner a bit like matrix color graphics but with more pigment. It lifts and tones in one step.
Any of the blonde's will lift your hair but i would suggest a test piece first as if you have a full head col it will depend on your col build up. It does lift color but i always test first.

As for the red magmas not being removable big bird i think you are thinking of wella double reds ie 44/65?? The red magmas fade out but can be refreshed with color touch or relights.

HTH

This sounds just like Scruples Blazing.. Wonderful stuff! 10 mins and you are lifted and toned. Just like magic.

Sorry, the 44 is what i used last night and it's fantastic - really vibrant, lifted the black (not natural) no problem. I do expect to have to touch up though. The mention of it being really permanent little angel was based on what i read on the website and in the book, which was all i could find and the reason i came here to look for someone who knew more so thanks and sorry if i confused anyone!

Sorry, the 44 is what i used last night and it's fantastic - really vibrant, lifted the black (not natural) no problem. I do expect to have to touch up though. The mention of it being really permanent little angel was based on what i read on the website and in the book, which was all i could find and the reason i came here to look for someone who knew more so thanks and sorry if i confused anyone!

Bigbird, wouldn't it be easier (since you identified yourself as a hair geek:green:) to get educated in a class for this haircolor?

Bigbird, wouldn't it be easier (since you identified yourself as a hair geek:green:) to get educated in a class for this haircolor?

Just broke up for easter...Hadn't told anyone of my plans as was going for a shocker! (which i think i have now acheived lol)

P.s. Thankyou for the welcome!

what aout majimeche by loreal? i think it a gentle bleach, more like a high lift tint?

what aout majimeche by loreal? i think it a gentle bleach, more like a high lift tint?

A gentle bleach? Is this something new on the market?
I always thought Bleach ispretty much Bleach..it is the vol of developer that you use that makes the strength of it.....

we used it at college for high lights. I dont think its strong enough to strip black dye out of your hair, but on natural hair it gives a range of natural tones rather than bleached blonde look. more natural than bleach.

Just broke up for easter...Hadn't told anyone of my plans as was going for a shocker! (which i think i have now acheived lol)

P.s. Thankyou for the welcome!

You are welcome for the welcome...:lol:
so did you do it? How did it turn out?

Majimeche is a high lift tint,it can be used with 9% or 12% and can lift up to for shades on virgin hair hth's

magma is not 2 b used on natual hair colour,only dyed dark hair.

Latest posts

Back