Wella pastel & Illumina slightly lifting roots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhe

Reaction score
I have full head bleach, I’m wanting to tone with Illumina 9/60 and pastel in between root bleaching to freshen up colour but I have a very small amount of natural root showing (base 7, 8 in some parts) I’m worried it will slightly lift my natural colour as I feel like I remember this happening before (long time ago)
Unfortunately I don’t do hairdressing any more, just the off few people as I have terrible dermatitis on my hands so I don’t have a wealth of experience using Illumina
Also I plan on using it on dry hair and leaving on for a long time as I want that purple hue!
I don’t want hot roots thanks

I have full head bleach, I’m wanting to tone with Illumina 9/60 and pastel in between root bleaching to freshen up colour but I have a very small amount of natural root showing (base 7, 8 in some parts) I’m worried it will slightly lift my natural colour as I feel like I remember this happening before (long time ago)
Unfortunately I don’t do hairdressing any more, just the off few people as I have terrible dermatitis on my hands so I don’t have a wealth of experience using Illumina
Also I plan on using it on dry hair and leaving on for a long time as I want that purple hue!
I don’t want hot roots thanks
It will lift slightly because its a permanent colour, and it's designed to to do that. You have 2 options really, either use 9/60 with 1.9% instead. Or use colour touch 9/16 +1.9%

Mix a ratio of 1:1:1 of illumina colour,pastel, and wella service conditioner .this helps stop any root shift

Switch to a demi to tone, the pastel developer wont prevent a shift because the color still contains ammonia. All the pastel Developer does is lower the strength to avoid a significant shift. If the hair is more porous, you're more likely to get the shift

I’m having the same problem done hi lift and bleach hi lites then used 9/60 and 10/69 1 to 2 with pastel and defo lifted the natural base of a 7 which was left out of the foil about a shade lighter which is what I didn’t want. It’s not the first time this has happened. What would you suggest

I’m having the same problem done hi lift and bleach hi lites then used 9/60 and 10/69 1 to 2 with pastel and defo lifted the natural base of a 7 which was left out of the foil about a shade lighter which is what I didn’t want. It’s not the first time this has happened. What would you suggest
You could use colour touch 9/16 or instamatics muted mauve with 1.9%

I don’t carry those. I honestly thought Illumina shouldn’t be lifting when used as a toner?? The colour toned on the bleach I was happy with it’s just the virgin hair I didn’t want tinted

I don’t carry those. I honestly thought Illumina shouldn’t be lifting when used as a toner?? The colour toned on the bleach I was happy with it’s just the virgin hair I didn’t want tinted
It will because its a permanent colour which contains amonia. Amonia mixed with any strength peroxide will cause slight lift.
Do you use the post colour service treatment?

Surely you can pick them up/ order them wherever you get your illumina from ?

I didn’t use the post the colour but I will pick them all up from warehouse. Thanks for advice will be cautious if using illumina from now on

Latest posts

Back