Wella purple

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sls20

Reaction score
Hi got a new client coming in for colour...it’s short and atm quite bright purple. She is naturally about base 6 with about 20% grey. She says previous salon used revlon colour and then colour ball after. I use Wella and would normally bleach or highlight it first to get it bright but she says she only has it highlighted now and again and just wants a colour this time. I’m thinking 55/66 but worrying about it being to dark and not bright enough. Would it work if I mixed it with a little 10/0 to lighten it slightly and 0/66? Thanks in advance 😅

Two initial thoughts...

1. It sounds like they used a direct dye so you’d need to use a direct dye remover not bleach to take it out, if you are planning to remove it.
2. If she wants it bright and vivid again, then Wella KP or CT won’t be enough. Goldwell Elumen is a bold permanent colour but again, you need to use the full system which would be expensive for just one client. Pulp Riot have bright colours or any decent direct dye brand. Steer clear of Crazy Color as it fades out green.

I’ve been thinking this that any Wella purple isnt going to be bright enough. She is adamant that she just has permanent colour though but to look at it it definitely looks like it’s been lightened first the a vivid over the top but I have never come across revlon colours so wouldn’t have a clue! Thank you anyway will have a look at pulp riot

My golden rule is NEVER assume the client knows what their previous hairdresser has used. I made a big mistake once when I trusted the client and the end result wasn’t what was wanted. :oops:

I‘m sure your gut instinct on this is the right way to go. Most wholesalers sell a few brands of vivid direct dyes nowadays so check them out. A revlon colorball is like a conditioner containing some direct dye colour. It’s normally used by the client between services to top up their colour between professional colour appointments.

I know I really would never think what she has has come from a permanent colour but she’s absolutely adamant she doesn’t want any bleach! I might try and persuade her one more time and then just say well I can put a colour on but I can’t guarantee it’s going to be as vibrant as you want it 😬

Hi got a new client coming in for colour...it’s short and atm quite bright purple. She is naturally about base 6 with about 20% grey. She says previous salon used revlon colour and then colour ball after. I use Wella and would normally bleach or highlight it first to get it bright but she says she only has it highlighted now and again and just wants a colour this time. I’m thinking 55/66 but worrying about it being to dark and not bright enough. Would it work if I mixed it with a little 10/0 to lighten it slightly and 0/66? Thanks in advance 😅
If you absolutely wanted to only use tint then I'd go with 55/66 + 55/65 + 10/0 + 9% or even 12%
If you want a definite purple, use 10/0 + 55/66 + 1to 2 g of 0/28 with either 9% or 12%.
I think my other personal option without using bleach would be to use a purple high lift tint. I know schwarzkopf had a violet and I know framesi light and shine has violet, and so does colorissimo but it depends what kind of violet you're wanting to achieve?

Latest posts

Back