Wella special blonde and special mix

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BT34

Reaction score
Hi all

I previously used Wella KP 12/81 and 0/81 to lighten my hair.

During the numerous lockdowns I have reverted to Blondor and toning with CT as it’s what I had available but wanting togo back to special blondes but the 0/81 is no longer available.

I am thinking of using 12/89 with 0/66 and/or 0/88 as my natural colour is very warm. I am aiming for a cool silver/grey blonde with blue or purple undertones.

Any views or advice please?

Following.
Why did they discontinue, I love 0/81.
I have used some 0/11 with 0/88 with my 12/81 which worked, but 0/88 is obviously very strong. I don't remember the ratios,. Hopefully someone can share a formula for us all.

No idea but when they changed to the Me+ it wasn’t included.

The 0/81 was one of my favourites too!
You can use 0/88 + 0/11 but you have to be so careful because the 0/88 is super super dense.
Normally the ratios would be 30g 12/81 + 1.5g mix tone if my memory serves me right.
So I would do 30g 12/81 + 1g 0/11 + 0.5g 0/88 + 63g 12%.
Even though the tonally quality is/81 and the way I've formulated it as /18 is because the 0/88 is so dense and the /11 is quite a lazy tone.
If you want an alternative to the above which is probably a little simpler. If try equal amounts of 12/81 +12/89.

Thanks Ronray. I have tried the 12/89 and 12/81 and wasn’t what I was after. To be honest I think my hair is too dark for highlift but I’m too lazy to keep bleaching and toning it. Plus the toner seems to be washing out really quickly. Would using 12/11 and 0/88 work the same way as your ratio above? I was going to do 12/89 as opinion is it’s the cleanest lift.

Thanks Ronray. I have tried the 12/89 and 12/81 and wasn’t what I was after. To be honest I think my hair is too dark for highlift but I’m too lazy to keep bleaching and toning it. Plus the toner seems to be washing out really quickly. Would using 12/11 and 0/88 work the same way as your ratio above? I was going to do 12/89 as opinion is it’s the cleanest lift.
12/89 is always my go to.
To be honest nothing will ever beat a bleach and tone, especially on dark hair.
If it's any darker than a 7 then Highlift isn't really ideal.

Yeah I am a 5 at a push a 6. I got away with it for a number of years with the 0/81 but between loosing that and my preference in colour moving more to the blue or violet undertone/hue I think I just need to give up with it and stick to bleach. Just frustrated that the colour only washes 2/3 washes even with purple shampoo. Going to start using the wella colour shampoo and conditioner see if that helps the colour last longer. Any go to toners for blue/violet blonde? I have been playing with CT 10/6 10/81 7/89 and 9/86.

Also have you tried the colour fresh masks? Any good to extend the life of colour?

Latest posts

Back