Wella Strate ? any one used this product

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz

Reaction score
Hi I normally only do nails & beauty but my hairdresser has suggested a treatment that will help reduce the use of straighteners its called "Wella Strate" does anyone have any experience with this product ? is it any good? how does it effect the condition of your hair? I would be grateful of any professional advise offered.

Hi glitz ,
I just love and use Wella strate on all types of hair including afro Caribbean hair ,
there are two methods you can use, for ultra sleek shiny strate hair you use the hot irons within the treatment , ( this is the method I use most ) but it does end up poker straight.

Then for just relaxing you
don't use any hot irons in the treatment ,
this method will just do what it says,
it will just relax those curls,

Wella strate is applied to dry hair.

With both treatments you will still need to run the hot irons over the hair when washed and dried to produce the sleek straight look even if it may be just the top layer.

After the treatment Your hair should be a lot easier to manage

Ps I personally wouldn't use it on heavily coloured or highlighted hair .:hug:

Hi thanks for your reply. Does this product need to be reapplied (after washing) or is it a semi permanent product (every couple of months) my hair is just wavy fine (so blow away) and I have full head highlights I am concerned about the prolonged use of straighteners (with heat protection) and as my hairdresser suggested I was under the impression that it was semi perm?

Wella strate is a permanent / relaxer straightener ,
it will need the regrowth done when its around three to four inches as it will still grow back curly.

Wella do not recommend Wella strate over bleached or very lightened highlights , as the highlights would break off :hug: x

O.K. Thanks I think I will wait until she tries it on another or she may get a member of her staff to treat her hair with it. As my hair is very fine ( I cant afford to lose any. LOL) & highlighted but not bleached.

Wella strate is a permanent / relaxer straightener ,
it will need the regrowth done when its around three to four inches as it will still grow back curly.

Wella do not recommend Wella strate over bleached or very lightened highlights , as the highlights would break off :hug: x

ohhhh thats me out then boo hoo........
but interesting, never heard of it before

Hi if you are not certain about whether or not to use Wella strate get your hairdresser to perform a test piece first ,

Alternatively ( to save buying or opening the box )
Your hairdresser could pop a test cutting of you're your hair in a dish containing perm lotion for tinted or bleached hair (according to which ever you type of hair you have ) for around 20 mins

this will then give you a fair indication of how the condition of your hair will be afterwards,

I personally don't like to perform Wella strate on really very light over tinted highlights as breakage will more than likely occur in these areas.

If you are in any doubt you could ask your hairdresser to do the above test pieces first.

I definitely wouldn't perform it at all on any type of bleached hair the results would be disastrous .:hug:

Latest posts

Back