SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairandNails20

Reaction score
Hey guys! So, my mom lightened her own hair and toned it with wella T18. Well, it’s too ashy for her taste. It’s silvery and ashy. I’m not the best with toners and am a little lost to be honest. Does she need to re-tone it? I recommended she use 10 volume developer but I’m not sure what wella toner to recommend. She just wants a light natural blonde. She doesn’t like red or a lot of warm tones but she just wants a little warmth. I was thinking T11?? Or does she just need to wash her hair with clarifying shampoo and forget re-toning it?? What do you all think I should recommend?? Thanks!!

Hey guys! So, my mom lightened her own hair and toned it with wella T18. Well, it’s too ashy for her taste. It’s silvery and ashy. I’m not the best with toners and am a little lost to be honest. Does she need to re-tone it? I recommended she use 10 volume developer but I’m not sure what wella toner to recommend. She just wants a light natural blonde. She doesn’t like red or a lot of warm tones but she just wants a little warmth. I was thinking T11?? Or does she just need to wash her hair with clarifying shampoo and forget re-toning it?? What do you all think I should recommend?? Thanks!!
Wella colour charm shouldn't be used as a toner because it's a permanent colour.
If the colour is way too ash you'll struggle to re tone it a nice warmer shade. It will probably end up looking dull and muddy. Personally I'd start with clarifying shampoo and do that a few times. If this pulls out a fair bit of the tone , then I'd just use a warm blonde tinted mask. She can then use this it home as and when she needs to.
For the future I'd be looking at using 10/38 + 10/16 if your mum wants a clean creamy blonde.

Latest posts

Back