Wella thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I've been out of the industry for a long time and completely new to wella.
Could someone please give me some wella basic info on using KP to lighten hair and cover grey, especially shade selection for grey regrowth going to various blondes. Thank you

Next Wednesday I've got a meeting with the Wella rep... Exciting!

I've got a few bases to try on some clients.

Is there any colours you think are pointless having?

Eg would you have 8/0 if you have 8/00 or 88/0?

I've got a few bases to try on some clients.

Is there any colours you think are pointless having?

Eg would you have 8/0 if you have 8/00 or 88/0?

Yes you need all 3.

8/0 just a regular base (can be used for anything, grey coverage, diluting etc)

8/00 for resistant hair and can be mixed with other shades i.e 8/00 + 8/34

88/0 for resistant hair (the best of the best when it comes to coverage, can't be mixed with anything but special mix or other double base)

Yes you need all 3.

8/0 just a regular base (can be used for anything, grey coverage, diluting etc)

8/00 for resistant hair and can be mixed with other shades i.e 8/00 + 8/34

88/0 for resistant hair (the best of the best when it comes to coverage, can't be mixed with anything but special mix or other double base)

Hey this week I've had 2 instances where 55/00 has not completely covered my clients hair. Fist one was about 60% grey and the otger was 50% left on for 45mins Any advice x

Hey this week I've had 2 instances where 55/00 has not completely covered my clients hair. Fist one was about 60% grey and the otger was 50% left on for 45mins Any advice x

Loads of product, very fine sections and leave on full 60 minutes.

I have this new client below.

Her previous hairdresser has been taking the colour all the way through. So it's now dull on the ends. However, I'm going to deal with that on a later date.

What colour would you say the mid band is? I've only got a printed colour chart atm while I'm trialling the colours.

And actually I forgot to bring that home with me

Sorry I'm pants. I can't say what I think it could be? Maybe a 654 if they have one?

I have no idea what they did last time, but its not important to what you want to do next. To match up i would mix 5/75 with 5/0 and then mix 5/75 in colour touch to cover ends x

I have no idea what they did last time, but its not important to what you want to do next. To match up i would mix 5/75 with 5/0 and then mix 5/75 in colour touch to cover ends x
/75 is brunette mahogany right?

You think best to take her to a 5 because that's what her ends are?

Yes just to keep it simple. You already have banding, so 3 different colours. To do anything else is gonna be a big job.

Paint the koleston mix onto the white root and traslucent pinky colour, then colour touch on dark ends x

Yes just to keep it simple. You already have banding, so 3 different colours. To do anything else is gonna be a big job.

Paint the koleston mix onto the white root and traslucent pinky colour, then colour touch on dark ends x
Thanks @jamiereid92

Did my first Wella client. Not the colour above. That ones tomorrow.

I was pretty impressed. Usually use Inoa 7.3 and 8.3 fundamental (which SHOULD be 100% coverage) Wella 77/0 and 88/0 blended seamlessly.

With Inoa it's 35 mins whatever. Why would I chose to leave Wella on for 30mins opposed to 40?

Update!

Royally cocked up with my client today. Forgot to buy 5/0 or 5/00. So used 5/75 alone. Ok. I did put the teeniest smidge of 55/0 in

It actually covered pretty fabulously! Very even throughout and my client liked the smell of colour touch.

Did my first Wella client. Not the colour above. That ones tomorrow.

I was pretty impressed. Usually use Inoa 7.3 and 8.3 fundamental (which SHOULD be 100% coverage) Wella 77/0 and 88/0 blended seamlessly.

With Inoa it's 35 mins whatever. Why would I chose to leave Wella on for 30mins opposed to 40?

Porosity or texture, coarser may take faster.

Also, do you know why you can't you use 55/0 with other regular shades?

Also, do you know why you can't you use 55/0 with other regular shades?

It'll dilute the intensity of the double base. Think of it like mixing 40vol and 10vol, doesn't give you 50vol!

55/0 koleston can be mixed with any other colour within koleston range

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

55/0 koleston can be mixed with any other colour within koleston range

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

No, it cannot.

My first ever lowlights using colour touch and illumina as a toner. Lovely condition to the hair

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    649.4 KB · Views: 78

Latest posts

Back