Wella toner advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always recommend Colourfresh as a take-home option to my clients - especially blonds - to keep their hair looking fresh and to top up the toner.

Why don't you give Wella a call and go on one of their courses to familiarise yourself with their colours etc... I'm certain that it is free and only takes two hours. We did one or two in my last salon where they came to us but I'm sure they mentioned that you can go to the Wella studios. You would learn so much.

So do I x

Think of your colour start, what ever is opposite In the star will counteract each other e.g If the hair is to orange then you use blue to counteract as blue is opposite orange, if the hair is to yellow you need violet as violet is opposite yellow, and so on you would use the level you have lifted the hair to so if it's lightest blonde then you would use 10/16 to kill yellow 1 being ash 6 being violet 10/8 would kill orange 10 being base/level 10 8 being blue hope that all makes sense. Do you remember Richard of York gave battle (in) vain? Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet draw your star write these colours in this order on every point of the start and use this when you need to use a toner I always revert back to it take 2 mins to draw! Koleston with pastel 1part tint 2parts pastel or colour touch with 1.9 1:2 you can use colour fresh, perfecton obvs every client is different get some hair wefts in dif shades of blonde and have a little play hope this has all helped and iv made sense lol x

If you read through this again Hun it should help you for your other post you have just put up About toners...I have pretty much covered everything in this you should really no the answer to the question you have asked if you read this x

If you read through this again Hun it should help you for your other post you have just put up About toners...I have pretty much covered everything in this you should really no the answer to the question you have asked if you read this x

Yeah I know what I'm going to do now with that clients hair, I just get a bit apprehensive about then and like advice but I know how I'll go about it :)) thanks so much for your advice, you've been such a great help xxx

8/81 would be used for toning a level 8 that has orange undertones. x

Hi guys, can I just ask re the above, would a level 9 or 10 then not tone down using something like an 8/1 with 10 vol?

Hi guys, can I just ask re the above, would a level 9 or 10 then not tone down using something like an 8/1 with 10 vol?

As this thread was created in 2014, many of the posters have been absent from the site for some time, including the one you’ve quoted.

Latest posts

Back