Wella toner help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma kim

Reaction score
hi guys so I'm new to Wella (used to use loreal)
I'm a mobile hairdresser and yesterday I lightened my clients hair from at base of 6/7. Although mid of her hair is old brown and ends also have highlighted bits left.
So used bleach with 9% and also used 12/89 with 12%. It's come out lovely on the roots but mid length and ends are slightly darker almost orange like it's not covered at all.
Can anyone help with the best toner to make it even? I got colour touch 9/73 buy now I'm worried it will make it more golden...
HELP!!!
Thanks in advance

So did you put the 12/89 with 12% on the natural root, then bleach and 9% on the midlengths and ends?

So did you put the 12/89 with 12% on the natural root, then bleach and 9% on the midlengths and ends?
No I put it the whole way through...

I altee

Oh no!
I did back to back highlights one bleach then the 12/89

Ohhhhhh right.

Well she had old colour through the midlengths so thats why it hasn't lifted as much as the roots.

You should've promised her it'd take a few appointments.

Ohhhhhh right.

Well she had old colour through the midlengths so thats why it hasn't lifted as much as the roots.

You should've promised her it'd take a few appointments.
Yeh she is aware it won't be instant. I'm just not happy with the colour being what it is.
Can you recommend something? What about sunlights?

Yeh she is aware it won't be instant. I'm just not happy with the colour being what it is.
Can you recommend something? What about sunlights?

Did you tone it?

You also need to realise that, you've used a highlift colour over previously coloured hair and it will not lift as well as the bleach, i'm surprised it lifted at all.

What would the purpose of you using sunlights be?

Genuine question.

Did you tone it?

You also need to realise that, you've used a highlift colour over previously coloured hair and it will not lift as well as the bleach, i'm surprised it lifted at all.

What would the purpose of you using sunlights be?

Genuine question.
Yes your right the ends didn't lift hardly at all.
Would you recommend going through and picking up the pieces again with bleach?
I was thinking sunlights would even out all of the hair and make it lighter as it lifts x2
Shades Or do you think just a normal toner...
I'm totally gutted I should of just used bleach!

I was thinking sunlights would even out all of the hair and make it lighter as it lifts x2
Let me send you some pictures....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 53

Sunlights lifts virgin hair 1-2 shades. Tone it for now with around a level 8-9.

I'd recommend illumina.

Then next time, foil the virgin root with12/89 and bleach with pastel as theres no need for 9%, then in every foil hit the orange in the midlengths with blondor and pastel.

Keep a close eye on it, then tone.

Thank you so much!
I'll get to Sally's today and get a toner to sort it.
You've been so helpful. I feel so lost learning this new brand

Thank you so much!
I'll get to Sally's today and get a toner to sort it.
You've been so helpful. I feel so lost learning this new brand

Check out the wella thread

Latest posts

Back