Wella toners?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
I had a new client last week, who’s hair is level 5, waist length & thick, I put in scattered packets of bleach & 6% and 55/46 6%, as she wanted blonde and red! it lifted really well, but now the blonde has been dulled by the red and is brassy on the ends! I haven’t seen her yet, just the photo, the pictures are of what she wants now- and also what her hair looks like on the ends. What toner would you suggest to help?
I was going to do CT 3/0 root melt and maybe CT 9/96 on the blonde?
I think she’s panicked as said she wants to go red all over, then says wants to go dark all over, then wants to tone the blonde and go blonder?- think she doesn’t really know what she wants! 🤦🏼‍♀️
I’m mobile and she has A LOT of hair!!
So I’ve suggested this for now instead of anything drastic as that would be harder to rectify!
Any help on toning formulas would be much appreciated x

Attachments

• 7D366B88-EE4C-4D91-96EF-A0BAA4884D79.png
    7D366B88-EE4C-4D91-96EF-A0BAA4884D79.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 41FF08D6-6E55-4B9C-BDAC-8D753C7B6280.png
    41FF08D6-6E55-4B9C-BDAC-8D753C7B6280.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • 34167CD8-E124-41BD-A4EE-5E621A632F46.png
    34167CD8-E124-41BD-A4EE-5E621A632F46.png
    1,011.5 KB · Views: 52
I would say if she doesn't know what she wants maybe not to go as dark as 3/0. maybe base of 5.

As to the toner you will have to see how well it lifts but maybe something with more ash will be needed with the red previously in the hair. x

For that crisp white blonde I'd lift the blonde further and tone it with kp 10/16
Consider colour touch for the root colour, with such an intense colour permanent would leave harsh banding if she wanted to change they colour in the future

I love when clients send you photoshopped pictures. 3/0 in CT will be too dark I think also yo’ll have to lighten the highlights a lot more and tone with a light ash colour. You should also be aware of the root smudging the ends while you rinse off if too dark and not too careful

I love when clients send you photoshopped pictures. 3/0 in CT will be too dark I think also yo’ll have to lighten the highlights a lot more and tone with a light ash colour. You should also be aware of the root smudging the ends while you rinse off if too dark and not too careful
Thanks, she just has so much hair 🙄!!! It’s going to be impossible! I get the feeling this will be a constant problem, might suggest just re-doing the blonde and then tone, and leave doing the roots, as I hate using 3/0! She’s dark anyway and before this said didn’t want her roots coloured, I think she just doesn’t know what she wants, it’s frustrating and I’ve tried to outline what will happen!

Latest posts

Back