Wella vs Schwarzkopf BlondMe high lifts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 155395

Reaction score
Hey there!

Do any of you have experience using Wella Special Blondes high lift and Schwarzkopf BlondMe Lifting? Both are high lift products, and I'm curious if there are any differences in their lifting power or any other notable observations.

I also noticed that the BlondMe Lifting product has a 1:1 mixing ratio with developer, which is different from the usual 1:2 ratio. If anyone knows why this is the case, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

For those of you interested, here are the ingredients for BlondMe Lifting according to the Schwarzkopf Professional website:

Aqua (Water, Eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil, Huile Minérale), Ceteareth-20, Disodium Succinate, Bis-Diisopropanolamino-PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PEG-14 Copolymer, Steareth-100, Glyceryl Stearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Arginine, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Sodium Sulfite, Butyloctanol, Tetramethyl Acetyloctahydronaphthalenes, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Keratin, 4-Chlororesorcinol, Geraniol, 2-Methylresorcinol, Resorcinol, Hydrolyzed Silk, 2-Amino-3-Hydroxypyridine

Thanks so much for any feedback or comments!

Last edited:
Hey there!

Do any of you have experience using Wella Special Blondes high lift and Schwarzkopf BlondMe Lifting? Both are high lift products, and I'm curious if there are any differences in their lifting power or any other notable observations.

I also noticed that the BlondMe Lifting product has a 1:1 mixing ratio with developer, which is different from the usual 1:2 ratio. If anyone knows why this is the case, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

For those of you interested, here are the ingredients for BlondMe Lifting according to the Schwarzkopf Professional website:

Aqua (Water, Eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil, Huile Minérale), Ceteareth-20, Disodium Succinate, Bis-Diisopropanolamino-PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PEG-14 Copolymer, Steareth-100, Glyceryl Stearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Arginine, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Sodium Sulfite, Butyloctanol, Tetramethyl Acetyloctahydronaphthalenes, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Keratin, 4-Chlororesorcinol, Geraniol, 2-Methylresorcinol, Resorcinol, Hydrolyzed Silk, 2-Amino-3-Hydroxypyridine

Thanks so much for any feedback or comments!
Unfortunately I can't help with a comparison as I've never used Schwarzkopf highlifts. But the mixing ratio differs from brand to brand usually because of the alkalinity of the product. The products would have been tried and tested with different ratios of developer, obviously they'd have chosen the best ratio to suit H+S guidelines and results.
I used to use Framesi and they reformulated their highlifts and it went from 1:2 developer to 1:1 which I found hard to get used to at firs.

Unfortunately I can't help with a comparison as I've never used Schwarzkopf highlifts. But the mixing ratio differs from brand to brand usually because of the alkalinity of the product. The products would have been tried and tested with different ratios of developer, obviously they'd have chosen the best ratio to suit H+S guidelines and results.
I used to use Framesi and they reformulated their highlifts and it went from 1:2 developer to 1:1 which I found hard to get used to at firs.
Thank you very much, that all makes sense!
I do find it interesting that Framesi reformulated to 1:1.

Latest posts

Back