Welloxon Perfect Pastel 1.9%: a couple of questions on how it works

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 153638

Reaction score
As the rest of the Welloxon developer strengths are used 1:1 with colour (apart from highlift), I am confused about what the function of Pastel being 1:2 is. What is different about it that it needs to be 1:2?

I was also please wondering about using Pastel with Blondor. Is it also used 1:2 like the rest of the Welloxon developer strengths? And when used 1:2 does that mean I am using 6volume developer with my bleach?

Last edited:
As the rest of the Welloxon developer strengths are used 1:1 with colour (apart from highlift), I am confused about what the function of Pastel being 1:2 is. What is different about it that it needs to be 1:2?

I was also please wondering about using Pastel with Blondor. Is it also used 1:2 like the rest of the Welloxon developer strengths? And when used 1:2 does that mean I am using 6volume developer with my bleach?
Pastel 1:2 is used for a more sheer coverage. Mainly aimed for shades above level 8. It was originally printed on the back of the shade chart. But I'm not sure if it's on the new ones?
When you use it with blondor it's 1:2 as it is with other welloxon strengths.
To use as a lowlight for example maybe 7/7 you could use it 1:1 which would essentially be lowlighting with a permanent colour.
If you mixed it with 1:2 with pastel then it's kind of more like a demi permanent.

Pastel 1:2 is used for a more sheer coverage. Mainly aimed for shades above level 8. It was originally printed on the back of the shade chart. But I'm not sure if it's on the new ones?
When you use it with blondor it's 1:2 as it is with other welloxon strengths.
To use as a lowlight for example maybe 7/7 you could use it 1:1 which would essentially be lowlighting with a permanent colour.
If you mixed it with 1:2 with pastel then it's kind of more like a demi permanent.
That explains everything so well, I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back