What a day i've had!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
My puppy Bob the wire fox terrier was sat in his bed, having gone out in the garden, and was chewing what i thought was a chew. When i looked it was a poisonous looking mushroom/toadstool!!!!!

I was so upset, i rang the vet just as my 3pm client arrived & the vet said to take him straight away to let them make him throw up.
My client, bless her was very understanding & i re-appointed her for tomorrow (for free as she travels 15 miles to see me).
Bundled Bob into the car, collected my son from the bus stop and drove to town, the dog threw up in my car! Poor little luv.

The vet tipped some crystals down his throat & he promptly threw up everywhere, bits of mushroom & blood:Scared: .
The then gave him a jab & he's back home now. My 5pm client has also been changed to another day.

I feel worn out, the dog seems ok now though thanks god!!!!
Please ingore the gross carpet & wallpaper in the piccy - it's the next job on our list (previous occupants taste!!!! eerrgghh!!)

Attachments

• Bob and family 067.jpg
    Bob and family 067.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 105
Poor Bob!!! :hug:

Glad all is well now!

Glad Bobs better now and your clients were so understanding.

Teri x:hug:

My heart was in my mouth reading that Bev......poor wee Bob!!

If I was your client I would not have minded at all...In fact I may have come with you to the Vet's to make sure he was OK!!

So glad the wee scamp is on the mend....You will need to get a set of eyes for the back of your head now though!!!

Oh my Lord!! they just dont understand do they?
well I hope he remembers not to eat another!
Glad hes on the road to a fast recovery. xxx:hug:

aaaawwwww, bless him. They pick their moments don't they! My bunny once jumped in a pot of paint......my other half was meant to be supervising him at the time. :rolleyes: I was not best pleased to have to give him a bath with a major hangover!!!!

Glad your boy is ok now though :hug:

Thanks everyone :hug: :hug:

Bobby Dog seems quite quiet just now, thinks he's been worn out with it all:hug:

Poor Bob, glad he's ok hun. Have come to the conclusion that my dogs are worse than my kids, lol x

Awwwwww, glad he is ok, Bet he wont eat one of those again!! give him a fuss for me!! xxx

So glad you took immediate action and Bob is OK.....I know someone who knew that her German Shephard puppy had eaten Ibuprofen by accident....didn't do anything for 3 days, thought she'd see how he went....about £400 vets bills later, luckily thedog is OK......

I said to her if it was a child you would have had him down A&E pronto for a stomach pump or something :eek:

Poor Bob, Kelsie sends her love,,,,,,,,I think she's got a crush !!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thank goodness you had your wits about you and got Bob straight to the vets.So glad he's okay.

I have 2 dogs of my own and could imagine exactly how you must have felt.

Took our dogs out on Sunday and there were loads of toadstool and mushrooms around.:Scared: Thankfully neither dogs touched them.:hug: Big hugs for Bob xxLooks lovely by the way.

Oh, I think i'm in love with bob.

What a great dog! Glad hisok now. Hope he learnt his lesson and will stay away from the magic mushrooms.

Aww what a little cutey pie he looks, so glad all is ok now, one of my dogs had to have an emergency op last month and i had to call 3 clients and let them down,i offered new appointments at a discount but none of them took me up on my offer and they have not returned since but im not bothered my dogs are more important than a few quid :hug:

Bev,

He is soooo cute, I'm so glad he's OK now, just imagine if you hadn't seen him chewing it! Hope you had a very large glass of wine this eve after a day of stress!:)

Poor Bob, I am so glad all turned out ok for him, it is a good job you just happened to notice what he was up to and took prompt action. My dogs come before anything or anyone. My website has first aid info for a lot of things that can need urgent attention. If you want to check it out for future reference it is linked through my profile. I am not advertising, but I do know the information it contains has saved at least one life up to now.

Joan

Bev glad bob is ok.. well done you for your fast action !!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.:hug: :hug:

Bob slept on our bed last night (he's usually in the kitchen in his own bed) just so i could keep an eye and a hand on him.

Bob sends his love to you all & a big wet kiss!!!!! xxxxxxx

Attachments

• Bob's nose.jpg
    Bob's nose.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 24
Poor Bob, Kelsie sends her love,,,,,,,,I think she's got a crush !!!!!!!!!!!!1

I've just shown Bob the screen & pic of Kelsie & he had a good sniff & left 'nose slob' all over the screen....yuk!

They'll have to be 'Pen Pals!':lol:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:cry: Poor furface!!

Give him a smoochie and a cuddle for me. Poor feller.

I swear, even the old ones that are huge.... it's like having a toddler around, constantly popping things in their mouths that shouldn't be there:rolleyes:
AND my cat's just as stupid:irked:

Poor little guy. I understand your fear.
One of my dog's way back when took ill while I was at work.......... gastroenteritis..... basically, she **** ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OVER my kitchen. I put her in the tub to wash her up before taking her to the vet to see what was up, she started crapping AGAIN but runny and BLOODY. I near died:eek:

As a pekeingese, she was tiny enough to wrap in a towel and then wrap a grocery bag around that (since I don't drive, had to take a taxi....) Thank god my girlfriend was there, I was shaking so much, couldn't dial the phone for the taxi . Taxi came, we went.
Anyway.... vet stuck a needle in her heiney.. she howled, then I started and couldn't stop. I cried like a baby cause she was crying.
They fixed her all up.

Anyway, long story short (ok, sort of short lol)......
dont we all just feel terrible when they do? it's like they are our babies.
We're such a funny lot, aye?

Anyway, take care of the poor feller, and give'em some love from all of us.

:hug: :hug:

Latest posts

Back