What a day-mobile businesses have a down side

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani1987

Reaction score
So how has all your Saturday been? Boring? ? Nothing out of the ordinary? X factor good?
Well get yourself snug and settle yourself down for a tale full of humiliation and hilarity!
The day started off ok with a call hoping I could fit in some nails so I managed to squeeze it in between a set of wedding nails and a business meeting... when I got to my first appointment I ended up being 20 minutes late due to make up being done so started at 10am wedding was at 12 and she wanted extensions which takes 2hours.... em ok... pressure on finished at 1110 next appointment is 11.30 git there at 11.22 tried to call said client to see where she lived and couldn't get an answer agghh ended up guessing where her house was 15 minutes later.... business appointment was at 12.30 ok lets go... daughters nails done mum inpressed wants her done (thank u lil bow) ok lets go just as I was finished client takes her phone up and I catch the time 12.33 bugger!!!! booted it out of the house sped to Goodwick seeing a message from my next clients 50 mins away asking could I be there at 2 emmm I can do 2.30 or asap instead of 3... thats fine with them ..great! I don't remember much about the business meeting but its all very exciting. .. quick run up the hill to feed my mates cat then a call to my next clients to say ill be there in 45 mins it is now 1.50 (good guessers never get married ay? ;) ) get to the postcode given at 2.35 ring my client and say ok ive come down a really steep hill I see a green cottage and a yellow bungalow where do I go now... she says ok come straight down... DONT WORRY YOU'LL BE FINE (she didn't shout this just these words were ringing in my ears for the next hour..) I go to go down a slope that would do a rollercoaster proud I was terrified actually felt like I was on a rollercoaster.... remember the words... I came on to a beach!!! I seen a drive to the right thought ok keep calm ill just go up there keeping the words said in my head... clio disagreed refused to go up it so I reversed back wondering how the Hell I was getting back up roller slope before ringing my client to give me another way in.... turned out I didnt have to cos clio was on strike stuck in the sand wouldn't go forward or back so I got out and tried to clear the sand away from my wheels and bonnet but no she wasnt budging. ... I had to ring her and shamefully admit I was stuck!! She said she'd be down to help me after about 5 mins there was no sign of her so I went walkies to find her and she came running down completely calm and understanding despite me wanting to open the ground and swallowing me. She took the keys and clio decided she would make a show of me and moved for her but still refused to go up the drive so my client had to ring her dad to help... no answer so she said right you give her welly ill push... omg!! Luckily just as I got in the drivers seat her dad rang and she explained the massage lady had come the wrong way and got stuck on the beach... he said leave it be and ill come get it... so we grabbed required products and heavy massage bed and walked up to the house... by the drive clio refused to go up cos it was SO steep. I got in the house where her 4 friends were waiting patiently for their massage and in I walked sandy muddy shoes puffing and sweating buckets absolutely mortified.... very glam!! 3 hours later all was good car up on the drive and the tide was now in where were my car once was and her dad told me not to go out to sea.... ha!! So now I'm home with malibu and red lemonade and watching bridget jones cos who else could be more cringeworthy than me??? Aw hope I gave you all a good laugh on your Saturday night :)

Ttf I'm not a mobile, this would be my worst nightmare. Hope you've recovered ;)

Ttf I'm not a mobile, this would be my worst nightmare. Hope you've recovered ;)

Haha yea laughing now but god I wasn't earlier haha it was all fine till the slope

Here's a funny, my friend also a mobile hairdresser, got stuck in a clients toilet recently, the door handle broke ... Poor girl had to climb out of the window and down a ladder lol! The shame!!! Xx

Here's a funny, my friend also a mobile hairdresser, got stuck in a clients toilet recently, the door handle broke ... Poor girl had to climb out of the window and down a ladder lol! The shame!!! Xx

I didn't think it could be topped omg that would be so embarrassing!!! Poor girl xx

Oh no you have to laugh now though! Xx

Your story made my palms start to sweat. I'm really no good on any slope or hill in a car, whether I'm driving or not. This is all down to hubby stalling on a hairpin bend on a steep and high cliff in Greece 2 years ago. We very nearly plummelled to our death. Have never got over it. I avoid all hills and slopes when driving and prefer to walk half a mile to avoid someone's sloping drive.

I would have had a panic attack. I think you handled it really well. They're lucky it wasn't me coming, they would have had to call the paramedics. :Scared:

Your story made my palms start to sweat. I'm really no good on any slope or hill in a car, whether I'm driving or not. This is all down to hubby stalling on a hairpin bend on a steep and high cliff in Greece 2 years ago. We very nearly plummelled to our death. Have never got over it. I avoid all hills and slopes when driving and prefer to walk half a mile to avoid someone's sloping drive.

I would have had a panic attack. I think you handled it really well. They're lucky it wasn't me coming, they would have had to call the paramedics. :Scared:

Aw bless sorry to bring back such awful memories.... usually in those situations my legs go to jelly and start shaking like mad but for some reason they didn't.. i think it was an out of body experience ha! sorry I didn't take a photo now if I'm ever there again I will have to... but going down the slope was actually like a rollercoaster it was mental!!!
Lesson learned if I think I can't do it... I won't do it I will lug my couch and products miles if needs be :)

Last week I went to do a mere patch test. It was an area with 0 telephone reception and full of twisty little roads. If I'd known where I was going (sat nav and google maps were useless as whole village had same exact postcode) I would have been there early. But ended up 45min late, with a lot more miles on the clock than intended!
And to top it off I sent a message 48hours on (Friday evening) asking how she got on, and she hasn't replied yet! So I don't even know if she's going through with her appointment Wednesday or not!

Last week I went to do a mere patch test. It was an area with 0 telephone reception and full of twisty little roads. If I'd known where I was going (sat nav and google maps were useless as whole village had same exact postcode) I would have been there early. But ended up 45min late, with a lot more miles on the clock than intended!
And to top it off I sent a message 48hours on (Friday evening) asking how she got on, and she hasn't replied yet! So I don't even know if she's going through with her appointment Wednesday or not!

Omg what a total nightmare!!!

Omg what a total nightmare!!!

Indeed! I was quite distraught to be honest, I'm never late for appointments! And usually tend to have quite a good sense of direction. Lol, at least my car didn't get stuck though (; ...although I might just have cried had that been the case! Haha
I bet that place is a right nightmare for new postmen...
X

Indeed! I was quite distraught to be honest, I'm never late for appointments! And usually tend to have quite a good sense of direction. Lol, at least my car didn't get stuck though (; ...although I might just have cried had that been the case! Haha
I bet that place is a right nightmare for new postmen...
X

I did think that actually and delivery men :)
There is nothing worse than the dreaded emergency calls only popping up on your screen.... I'm surprised I didn't cry. As I said earlier it was like an out of body experience I refused to believe it was happening ha! Its like a nightmare you cant wake up from!

I think the worst thing about being mobile is a poor phone reception as then you are truly stuck if you need anything:(

I was going to do a wedding yesterday morning (7am!) for some reason I didn't check the roads and the motorway I needed was only bloody closed!! Took me on a wild goose chase and my phones maps would connect as I had no signal! I was 30 mind late in the end. The bride and party where gone as I have known them for years but I couldn't get in touch and felt so stressed xxx

Wow its just like reading back my life :D It's like some sort of mobile nail tech innitiation?

I think knocking on the wrong hotel door number, twice... with fit blokes answering, that did me in :Scared: Hilarious times, hope it never happens again :D

I think the worst thing about being mobile is a poor phone reception as then you are truly stuck if you need anything:(

I was going to do a wedding yesterday morning (7am!) for some reason I didn't check the roads and the motorway I needed was only bloody closed!! Took me on a wild goose chase and my phones maps would connect as I had no signal! I was 30 mind late in the end. The bride and party where gone as I have known them for years but I couldn't get in touch and felt so stressed xxx

Oh my word ... Can you tell this was rushed this morning? Apologies for the ton of mistakes, hopefully you can all work out what I intended to say 😳 x

Yea I understood :) it's comforting to know its not just me then although I don't wish that stress on anyone

LOL oh dear... I'm just starting out doing mobile and these driving horror stories are my biggest fear!

I'm bad enough when there's no nice easy parking space... Not sure what I'd do if I ended up on a steep hill and a beach!

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

It was like a dream you can't wake up from.. if it looks like you shouldn't drive down it... don't ha!

O god I'm glad it's not just me getting into pickles!!! We are hopefully buying a house early next year and I'm already dreaming about working from home!! My lovely clients can go through the stress of getting lost, no signal, stubborn cars and where to park hunts!! Xx

O god I'm glad it's not just me getting into pickles!!! We are hopefully buying a house early next year and I'm already dreaming about working from home!! My lovely clients can go through the stress of getting lost, no signal, stubborn cars and where to park hunts!! Xx

My clients wont come to me I have to go to them ha, it's great they are loving the service but I'll have to find a way to deal with the stress ha!

Latest posts

Back