What a lovely job we have...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judyb6

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Just thought I'd share my day with you....

I had coffee with my best friend who is the manager of compliance for the legal department of a financial company. We were at school together. She went off and did her degree, while I went to technical college to do my NVQ's.

She has a good job now, I asked her how her day was and how work was going generally. Now, she isn't generally a negative person or miserable person, (that's why she's my best friend!!:hug:) but she just seemed so unhappy, she didn't have a nice word to say. Then she asked me how my day was going...

I got up and got myself and my children ready for school swimming/P.E./guitar etc... and got to work for 9.00am. Then after work I continued doing private clients until 9.00pm, so it was a long day by anyone's standards.

During just one day I've had clients make me countless cups of coffee, one even baked some cakes for my children. I've been invited to a lavish champagne hen party, and I've been given a bottle of wine which I'm now very much enjoying!

It just prompted me to say... what a lovely job we have. xxx :hug:

i was thinking the same thing myself....

altho my day included a bit of an embarassment, let me give ya a larf

I had no clients, so i thought i would enjoy the winter sun streaming in through the windows. i sat on my sofa, popped on my sunglasses, and lay my head back looking up towards the sun, with a big grin on my face. lo ad behold two clients walk in a catch me...

what a nutter! thats the look they gave me hhehe

Hi guys!

Just thought I'd share my day with you....

I had coffee with my best friend who is the manager of compliance for the legal department of a financial company. We were at school together. She went off and did her degree, while I went to technical college to do my NVQ's.

She has a good job now, I asked her how her day was and how work was going generally. Now, she isn't generally a negative person or miserable person, (that's why she's my best friend!!:hug:) but she just seemed so unhappy, she didn't have a nice word to say. Then she asked me how my day was going...

I got up and got myself and my children ready for school swimming/P.E./guitar etc... and got to work for 9.00am. Then after work I continued doing private clients until 9.00pm, so it was a long day by anyone's standards.

During just one day I've had clients make me countless cups of coffee, one even baked some cakes for my children. I've been invited to a lavish champagne hen party, and I've been given a bottle of wine which I'm now very much enjoying!

It just prompted me to say... what a lovely job we have. xxx :hug:
and the fact u had such a nice day socliaslising........... u got paid for it as well!

this is why i like my job so much , not just the gifts etc but little personal things , between clients & therapist :green:

I know just how your friend must be feeling. I had a big corporate job with a posh desk, I wouldnt go back for a million quid a week frankly.
Some corporate environments expect you to commit your life to the job. They want you in at 7am, they expect you at your desk until the wee hours, they expect you to eat lunch at your desk. I missed so many precious years of my daughter growing up, it was a childminder who saw her first steps and heard her first words, and for what? Some money? Some things are worth more.

Its lovely that your friend has you there to have a chat and a coffee with, maybe you will be her inspiration to take a career change if she is unhappy? And you are right, we can moan about no-shows and "they just fell off"'s, but we do have an ace job! Good thread hun.

I recently met a guy who is an investment banker, he works from 7am till 7pm

when I asked him if he enjoyed his job, his reply was that he earns good money

yes i totally agree we have a lovely job

I think we have a lovely job when we dont have to solely rely on it because it is one of the worst paid jobs there is considering the amount of training there is involved.
Most beauty therapists working for someone else in a salon are on minimum wage plus a small commision and they have to work late evenings and every saturday.
Thing to do is get the experience and then get out on your own.

Oh I totally agree ~ even when I'm fully booked all day with hardly a moment to have a cup of tea, I feel very lucky to have a job that makes me feel so satisfied. How lucky we are to be able to make people feel better about themselves all day long! Plus I enjoy being able to chat all day and get paid for it! xx

I think we have a lovely job when we dont have to solely rely on it because it is one of the worst paid jobs there is considering the amount of training there is involved.
Most beauty therapists working for someone else in a salon are on minimum wage plus a small commision and they have to work late evenings and every saturday.
Thing to do is get the experience and then get out on your own.

I'm a single mum and I totally rely on my job to support myself and my kids... and I still love it! I could never do anything else.

I had a lovely day in the salon today! All my clients were lovely... we've had a good laugh and set the world to rights!! Then I went to do a home visit for one of my clients who's had an operation and couldn't get to the salon... I didn't mind at all, but it just made her day. And I was able to help her with a few bits and pieces while I was there.

I work hard and I work long hours, but I'm always enthusiastic,positive, I have a huge amount of job satisfaction and I never come home from work in a bad mood. I'm sure there are lots of people who earn more money who can't say that. I think I'll stick with what I've got! :)

Latest posts

Back