What a nerve?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shal I believe her?

• Yes

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 79 83.2%
  • I don't know or comments

Votes: 13 13.7%

• Total voters
I've thought and re-thought it over, looked for signs and reasons - yes the thumb is a problem - apart from that - it's clear gel in pic 2 looking like this against the light... I believe the same areas have drawn my attention too. But there's the pic 3

Sorry ris, my error, I meant pic 3 and not pic 2. Really can't see too much in pic 2 as it is not a good picture.

In our industry there are always going to be people who frustrate us and cause us to doubt ourselves. We need to quickly pick ourselves up and move on. It is good to be critical of our own work but don't let frustration bog us down.

Your model should have come back to you regardless of air pockets, lifting or not. She chose not too then removed her enhancements herself. It is no longer your problem. Chin up :wink2:.

In our industry there are always going to be people who frustrate us and cause us to doubt ourselves.

That's what I am asking myself - what kind of people are they? And how come they have so much time to go around doing nails that they don't take proper care of.

I personally am a little tired of having to pick myself up -
I wonder back how many were there who just didn't care while I thought that it was all my problem.

And btw, normal people don't behave like that.

There is a really good tutorial on dealing with clients on here I found it really helpful and have developed a (fake) thick skin from reading it. I can't work out how to link it though. I agree with Lynne too I put everything in writing!

This woman has got "trouble" written all over her. Your work was amazing on her - the photos she sent you only showed how fab your work is and she's maybe tried to get the money she paid for materials back because she has decided she doesn't want to wear them.

It's a flaw in her and not in you :)

x

Seems like one of those people that think they know your job more than you do x

Last edited:
There is a really good tutorial on dealing with clients on here I found it really helpful and have developed a (fake) thick skin from reading it. I can't work out how to link it though. I agree with Lynne too I put everything in writing!

I'm developing a thick skin, too. Neverthrless I refuse to consider this normal. It's not normal - there are quite a few of them.

I've posted this as a classic example because I saw similar complaints here, too and I thought it looked all too familiar.

I don't know why you were modelling any way because your work is FANTASTIC !!!!!!! :) some people are never happy love to pick faults with everything. Don't let it get you down . I love them I want these nails myself :) lol... The French floral is beautiful is it hand painted? Xxxxx hope she doesn't bother you again she's not worth your time and expertise !

Don't let it get you down .
You know, there seems to be quite a few of this sort around here or maybe it's just my luck..

I wanted to post it for others, too. I am really happy I got those pics from her.. Seeing is believing, as they say - sometimes NOT believing :wink2: - and I was relieved that I didn't have to, you know. ))

As promised, I've made a step-by-step on how I paint those flowers:

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-art-tutorials/140112-one-stroke-floral-design.html#post1223878

Hope you like it.
And thank you all for support.

OMG those were GORGEOUS!

I'd love to know how you did them.

Models can be a freaking nightmare. I once had one who came over to my house at 10 AM to get a sculpted set of french gels. This was my second time training in gels so it was new product to me and I told her to alot about 1.5 hrs for them.

First, she arrives 15 minutes late as 10:15 AM. then at 10:45, her boyfriend was calling asking where she was because she was supposed to pick him up at 11 AM. she kept asking are we done yet? and i had to hold her phone to her ear so she could speak to him. OMG :eek:

also, side note: i've had pre-med and med student clients before for waxing and none of them are allowed ANYTHING on their nails. that includes nursing students and nurses who are in the operating room.

anyways, sorry for the long post, but you did an amazing job, and should be SO proud of yourself. they looked fab. good job.

You dont need to do models the nails you done excellent and still were till she pulled them off!!
You carnt please everyone dont let this knock you down,the nails you done FAB.says it all when she never arrived for you to fix/redo them...

I would be delighted to wear a set of nails like this. Sadly, in any business, there are people that cost you. This isn't always just in terms of pounds and pence, but also in your time, and emotional energy. These customers are ones we don't want. She is one you don't want. You did a brilliant job, you can hold your head up and know she was just out to cost you.

xx

My ex's sister runs a beauty salon from home and she used to complain about problems with models all of the time.
Either they'd pick off the nails and moan for a refund(they only paid for materials) because they didn't want them anymore(usually got them done for nights out) or they'd not take care of them(maybe they were lazy?) and expect her to magically fix them for free!
Eventually she used family and close friends as models. Had no problems then!!

The nails looked great!!

I'm afraid she is a grade "A" nut case, and there are plenty of them.

Unfortunately salons seem to attract them. We have had issues in the past where you know that you haven't done anything wrong but they still complain and are generally after the service for free.

Unfortunately this can knock your confidence. We always back our staff in these cases.

Please don't let it knock your confidence if you know in your own mind that you did everything correctly.

Luckily 99% of clients aren't after something for nothing, and as a service provider you always want to know if something isn't right so that you get a change to put it right, but people like this don't deserve your time.

I think your nails are beautiful and all I can see in the pictures is regrowth and the nails look like the enhancement has been pulled off.

Maybe you should take a deposit from your next model as well as the cost of products so that when agreeing to terms and conditions of her treatment, she pays a deposit which she will receive back in full , assuming she keep the nails on for the 3 week time scale and attends at least once a week to allow you to check with your own eyes and provide your own photographic evidence.

I don't know how well the deposit idea would go down but at the end of the day the model is having a reduced cost treatment which looks good. the least she can do is abide by the terms and conditions of you providing the treatment at such a good cost. If she had to provide a deposit she may have been more willing to adhere to the terms and conditions and even if she still did the above, your time will have been slightly compensated by the deposit at least.

Not everyone will be into the deposit idea but it's only a suggestion for you to maybe consider :cool:

Bloody Cheek !!

What a cheeky sod !

Fair enough that she may of had to go back to colleg and she had to remove the nails...but then why not just say that instead of lying and wasting your time by telling you the nails are bad. It annoys me sometimes - sometimes these damn clients annoy me !

Timewasters

Latest posts

Back