What a nightmare - what would you have done? :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelibabe88

Reaction score
As you probably gather from the title I had a nightmare of an evening last night...what would you have done in the following situation (sorry if this drags out)...

I turned up at a regular customers house to do 2 spray tans (I've known her since I was a kid and she used to look after me but not a close friend by any means). He new husband (no even 2 months married) seemed in a bit of a bad mood but I just kept out of the way and got setup. Turns out he's taken her phone and she has run up the road after him. In the mean time myself and her guest didn't really know what to do so started spray tanning, her little 20month old daughter was asleep on the sofa.
They come back in screaming and shouting (he's accused her of cheating) and both charge upstairs. Still unsure of what to do I kept on tanning. They went back out of the house at which point little one woke up and was understandably upset so I've picked her up and consoled her (couldn't leave her crying!) while continuing the tan.
next thing I know 2 windows have been put through in the kitchen and she runs into the room, laying on the floor crying with blood dripping from her arm. He being packing his stuff while shouting at her and myself and guest are left in the middle. In the meantime her other little one (aged 9) is screaming and shouting and he knocks her over and say 'oops you fell!' so now she is crying and clutching her knee - her friend (aged 10) looks after her...last thing I could even think about sorting out and I think it was shock rather than anything else.
Guest got dressed and took the little one and I have used one of my tanning towels to start mopping up the blood. when she's calmed down a bit and a neighbour was there picking up glass I packed up and left....shaking like mad!

What would you have done? Just left or stayed around?

So stressed out when I got home I poured myself a very large drink!

She has text me this morning apologising. Apparently the police were there most of the evening after I had left.

xx

Jesus Christ! What a evening indeed! If the woman knew she was having an argument she should have called you to say not to bother coming! I think you done all you could really, you helped out and then it was time for you to go. You could have had other clients. And at least her friend was there so it's bot so bad and she said the police was there anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. I can imagine you just wanted to get out of there!! Hope your ok and it sounds like you dealt with it well. Xxx

As you probably gather from the title I had a nightmare of an evening last night...what would you have done in the following situation (sorry if this drags out)...

I turned up at a regular customers house to do 2 spray tans (I've known her since I was a kid and she used to look after me but not a close friend by any means). He new husband (no even 2 months married) seemed in a bit of a bad mood but I just kept out of the way and got setup. Turns out he's taken her phone and she has run up the road after him. In the mean time myself and her guest didn't really know what to do so started spray tanning, her little 20month old daughter was asleep on the sofa.
They come back in screaming and shouting (he's accused her of cheating) and both charge upstairs. Still unsure of what to do I kept on tanning. They went back out of the house at which point little one woke up and was understandably upset so I've picked her up and consoled her (couldn't leave her crying!) while continuing the tan.
next thing I know 2 windows have been put through in the kitchen and she runs into the room, laying on the floor crying with blood dripping from her arm. He being packing his stuff while shouting at her and myself and guest are left in the middle. In the meantime her other little one (aged 9) is screaming and shouting and he knocks her over and say 'oops you fell!' so now she is crying and clutching her knee - her friend (aged 10) looks after her...last thing I could even think about sorting out and I think it was shock rather than anything else.
Guest got dressed and took the little one and I have used one of my tanning towels to start mopping up the blood. when she's calmed down a bit and a neighbour was there picking up glass I packed up and left....shaking like mad!

What would you have done? Just left or stayed around?

So stressed out when I got home I poured myself a very large drink!

She has text me this morning apologising. Apparently the police were there most of the evening after I had left.

xx

God,you had a hell of a night!!

Im not sure what I would of done untill I was in the situation. Think you def did the right thing though. You made sure the little ones were ok and left. Not much more you could of done if you stayed.

Some relationships are just crazy hey! have I got this all to come when I start getting clients in lol x x

Jesus Christ! What a evening indeed! If the woman knew she was having an argument she should have called you to say not to bother coming! I think you done all you could really, you helped out and then it was time for you to go. You could have had other clients. And at least her friend was there so it's bot so bad and she said the police was there anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. I can imagine you just wanted to get out of there!! Hope your ok and it sounds like you dealt with it well. Xxx

I'm sure she would have stopped me if she knew the argument was looming, but he didn't take her phone until I was already half set up so the argument started after that....
What a night!
xx

OMG you poor thing to be put in such a situation. You handled it very well. I would of reported it, as this is really unfair for you to witness, never mind the children that was in the home, and she was bleeding and may of needed it looking at. The lady should of phoned and cancelled, she may of knew there was going to be a domestic when he arrived home. Not sure what I would do in that situation.

My gosh what an awful situation for you to have been caught up in.

Shame on them both for not considering their guests and their own children!!

You did the best you could in that situation, which is sadly what they as parents should have been doing - you put the children first.

Iv had 'tense' moments whilst at clients homes but never that bad!! xxx

Sounds like they're nutso! Best thing is not to get involved and just get out of there asap, as you did. You never know how psycho a man in a jealous rage could get and you could have ended up hurt too. x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Sounds like you're a very kind-hearted person. I commend you. I don't believe I would have stayed.

I think instead I'd have said, "Obviously this is not a good time," packed up and left. You could have been injured in all that nonsense.

Oh deary me! Sounds awful! I think you done the right thing by making sure the little ones were ok. I don't know how I would of reacted if it was me! x

As soon as the lady left the house to run up the road after her husband I would have advised the remaining guest that I was leaving, packed up my stuff and gone.

Thank goodness you and these children were all ok.

Outrageous behaviour.

Jacqui xx

Well on the plus side I now know that I can deal with anything when going to do a spray tan...including lots of blood and screaming sobbing children! :)
xx

Those poor kids :sad:

Those poor kids :sad:

I think that was the worse bit for me....who on earth would behave like that in front of their children?! Some of the words coming out of their mouths made me cringe so I dread to think how they felt :(

Oh dear! feel sorry for you. I have experienced kind of similar situation couple of years ago. But it was in between the kid and the dad. I felt really embarrassed to be there.

Do you know what's happening with them now?

You did all you could in the situation, but blimey what a night!

I would ask her to come to you next time. :wink2:

Hope you're ok. I don't think an appointment gets much worse than that one. x

Latest posts

Back