What a weekend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsinlondon1

Reaction score
Hi guys jut have to share this with you all...............
Got a call from Liza on Thursday..........nothing unusual there you might say, but it was brill and exiting news !!!!!!

Can I do a Photo Shoot this weekend....????.........Can I, oh blimey yes I can!!!!!!
The Shoot was for a french high fashion magazine called Jalouse..........the shoot was for the november issue..........

Well, it was manic, fun and wicked..........
The model had a beautiful figure, beautiful face but oh my what nails lol...........and a beautiful nature...........

So did a full set of Fabric#, fast and simple..........
They wanted a very natural look, so CND Nostalgia..........was my choice and they loved it...................

What was really funny was, them working around me and not me around them lol.......... The make up artist Dele from Holy Cow, is absolutely brilliant............the Hairdresser Gareth from Julian Watson Agency was something else to watch.........and the stylist Charles Davis, what a sweetie........and Seto the photographer what a nut but a professional nut, talent, vision he just lives and breathes pictures....
The brilliant thing was the input they allowed me.......... fancy someone asking me what would look best lol..........well clients yea right no probs, but this is something so different and new to me..............So stylist and technician consulted as you do over a cup of coffee and a few cigaretts........

The studio was brill and well catered for......lights, windmachine, action and of course fab food and drink to keep us all going through the day.......
The dressing room, was brill, never seen so many lights lol.......
But the best thing was .....my nail desk lol.............. Yesterday, I customised an ironing board that I found in a corner.......... made my job so easy and fun.......... it was like working in my Salon, they all wet themself's laughing but thought it was the coolest idea.

Today the ironing board got left in the corner as it was just re-varnishing and solar oil and speed spraying ..........We now have one young Belgium
model, hooked on Solar oil, I gave her a little bottle and she sniffed it most of the day lol..............
Speed Spray is the most amazing thing, spray the models hands, by the time the pics are being shot her hands look so lovely, not dry and horrid..........

So I have to thank Liza for this great opportunity, may it be the first of many... So now I can't wait for the Mag to come out to see my name in print in the credits.............
This didn't earn me any money but I learned so much, and I can't wait to learn some more lol...........
Enough rambling from me, just had to share this with you all.............

Wow Ruth, What a fantastic experience for you. So glad you enjoy your day and lets hope this is the first of many.
You deserve it hun :cool:

Congratulations Ruth! It must have been wonderful to be involved in something like that....what an experience!

xx

Well done Hun, sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. What an exciting experience, congratulations! :D xxx

Well Done Ruth! It sounds as if you had an abfab time - let's hope that it is a taste of things to come! Good luck xxx

Well Ruthy Baby...

Your turn finally came!! Let this be the start of it though.... :cool:

How did you customise the famous ironing board?!!! LOL!! :biggrin: How u cleaned off the spilt tea stains from it first pmsl :green:

Congratulations anyhoo and be sure to scan in a copy of the finished photo!!

Love GiggleBerry lol :rolleyes: :cool:

Way to go babe I bet they loved having you there sounds like you had a fantastic time and a great step in the right direction.

Take care babe see you soon.
Loves ya Dawnie xxxxxxxxxxxx

aww congratulations ruth , i bet it was such a brill experience, i wonder what will be next ? you will have to post us a picture when the mag comes out so we can all see your fab work :biggrin: love dee

Nice One Ruth, sounds like you really enjoyed the experience - good for you...hope this is the first of many

Well done Ruth!
Sounds like you had a fantastic time .. must have been a brilliant experience.
As the other girls said, if theres any pics to come ... we're dying to see!

How cool is that???? Absolut fab. I don't have to tell we're all proud of you. Wh don't you tell us these things in "our group"? :cool: I'd like to get a copy of every article about you you can get.

Love u! xxx All the best from the hole family.

That must have been some experience. certainly something i would love to be involved in when i get really good at doing nails.

Well done you, if you have any pics, put them on here for all to see.

WELL DONE RUTH :biggrin:

Hope this is the start of many good things for you.

XX

Nikki said:
WELL DONE RUTH :biggrin:

Hope this is the start of many good things for you.

XX
Cheers girls for all those lovely messages..........huggs to all xxxxx

Yep lets hope so, it was a truly amazing weekend..............
I have loads of piccies, but most of them are on set.......Now I would to post them, but as the mag is not out till November I feel it would not be right to publish work that has not been approved by the photographer..............but I can post one I took, as it is just her in her natural looks and my nails.........
The rest will be shown later I promise xxxxxx
31Jalouse_photoshoot_nails_2004_jlyauggeek-med.jpg

Sounds like you had had a fab time! Congratulations.

Jen:biggrin:

That's wonderful news, well done!!

RUTHIE BABY!!!
i'm soooooo glad you enjoyed the experience, i knew you would!
i know i was at the end of the phone for you, but you didn't really need me, you did great!
some people are incredulace that we sometimes do jobs for nothing, but , these jobs are great fun, you make some great contacts, & you get the credits in the mag.
i just can't always justify traveling to london early sat & sun morning, not all the time.
so, i gave my mate ruth a ring, i knew she could cut it, even though she didn't think she could ( she had a dream friday nght about that ironing board!)
let's look forward to many more eh ruth!
liza xx

Oh Liza, wasn't that spooky about the ironing board...........and then walking in there Saturday morning only to find "that ironing board there waiting for me lol".........
Now I can compete at competitions no problem lol......... but this was taking me out of my comfort zone lol..............
But this whole weekend has taught me loads and the most important thing it taught me is this..............never doubt yourself, new is scary but can be so rewarding!!!!!
Yes lets hope there are plenty more, I loved it............
Dont we make a great team babe lol......... team RULZ!!!!!! (Ruth and Liza) what ya reckon babe lol..............
Thanks again for this great chance and I will never forget this weekend, what a buzz !!!!! Love ya loads babe XXXXX

Well Done Ruth, Its lovely to see after all your hard work and dedication it has finally given you the break you truely deserve.
I showed my 10yr old daughter your web site tonight, she thought some of your work was great. FEEL HONOURED ....SHE,S A NAIL CRITIC ......lolxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWELL DONE AGAIN

Great news Ruth - so glad you had fun - like you wouldn't duh...I love that shot you took - it's just cute!!

Latest posts

Back