What advice do you give your clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut butter

Reaction score
Due to COVID, my business closed so I’m not currently working. I just had a past client text me for some advice and she was always a good customer and good person, so I do not see the harm in responding to her but wanted to hear some feedback.

She has underlying conditions and she is very worried to get her haircut again. She lives in a part of NY on the brink of shut down so it makes sense in her situation. She said the last time she went was 2 months ago. Her hair is very dry and has been bleached. She is asking me about this split ender pro and if it can help with her situation. I never used it before, and I heard the reviews are mixed. Personally, I don’t think it can measure up to a good cut and am afraid it’ll rip chunks out of her hair.

I am thinking the best bet is to tell her to reduce her hair washing and use masks like Verb Ghost Mask on her hair when it’s dry once a week, or even the Olaplex system. The god’s honest truth is nothing she can do but wait it out!! LOL

My question I suppose is... How did you advise clients during the shutdowns? Have they reached out to you? Do you reply? What do you say? She doesn’t have gray yet so I don’t need to tell her about box dye 😂😭

Yes, an acquaintance who goes elsewhere for her hair cuts and colours (in the city near to her work) was so unhappy with her last colour she had just before we went back into lockdown, rang me almost in tears. The toner had washed out in one wash and so the hairdresser had put a darker colour on it and my friend was no longer ‘a blonde’.

I promised her I’d rectify it as soon as I could and in the meantime to use a decent shampoo and conditioner and not to try anything diy, as that was likely to make it much worse.

Yes, an acquaintance who goes elsewhere for her hair cuts and colours (in the city near to her work) was so unhappy with her last colour she had just before we went back into lockdown, rang me almost in tears. The toner had washed out in one wash and so the hairdresser had put a darker colour on it and my friend was no longer ‘a blonde’.

I promised her I’d rectify it as soon as I could and in the meantime to use a decent shampoo and conditioner and not to try anything diy, as that was likely to make it much worse.

thank you.

Latest posts

Back