What am I doing wrong with Nouvatan??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa S

Reaction score
Hi guys, did my training a few weeks ago with Nouvatan and have done about 8 tans, but not getting good results with the 'fade off' . One of my friends looked like a snake shedding her skin and another was left with patches that she said she had to scrub herself raw to get rid of, (they wasn't dripping when I had sprayed them, so not loads of product used!) Not one would have been able to have a tan done every week like they wanted, as too much patchy tan was still left from the previous week. What am I doing wrong? Have been using mainly 12% and 14%, got the new Ts50 gun, set on flat rugby ball shape and in-between 3 and 4 on dial. Also what 'ml' ,should I be looking at using on an average build. Thank you for any advice xx

On average you should use around 50ml of solution per body. With regards to the patches, ensure your clients exfoliate properly before hand as this can have a big affect on the overall result, also keep an eye on how much you are spraying on the body as you do not want to over spray your client. Hope this helps!

Thanks for quick reply, they all said they had really exfoliated. Does it really make your tan patchy if you use a moisturiser that contains oil, could this be the problem but they don't know of one without oils and I don't really? I am sure I have been using a lot more than 50ml also, its so frustrating, I so want to be doing a good job! x

Are they naturally pale? I have found that higher percentages of most brands don't wear off well on very pale people. Nouvatan 14% is my most popular shade and I have clients who come every week, correct aftercare makes a big difference! Xx

Yes, using an oil based moisturiser will cause the tan to go patchy. If you would like to pm me your email address or contact number I would be more than happy to help you with further enquiries :)

No, they are not that pale, if they was I would have used an 8 or 10 %. It must be a combination of my application and their aftercare, I hate not doing a good job though!! Am a complete perfectionist. Thanks for replies xx

I know, it's frustrating when you just want everything to be perfect- which nothing ever is remember! Don't be too hard on yourself you've only just done your training and the fact that you are on here seeking answers and wanting to get better is great.
Seriously there is a huge difference when clients follow their aftercare properly xx

Hi, I've been spraying for 6 years now, I used tantrick for 5 years then Organics and NKD. I have recently started using Nouvatan and have found that although the colour is gorgeous I'm having the same fade issues with anything over 12%. I do understand that higher percentages won't fade as well but did not have the problem with previous brands at 12% and higher. So I am following this with interest.

Hi

Im only new to tanning myself but I also did my training with nouvatan and was told to have the dial on about 2?

Not sure if that would help?

x

Hi everyone,

I used to do spray tanning 9 years ago I trained with SuDo but bought St Tropez and had some great results.

I've just got my tanning machine back out which is a bit ancient Iwata smart jet pro with a small gun (looks like a pen).

I've just recently retrained with Solglo and have bought their solution but the tan is not coming out very well don't know if I have the PSi set too low or whether its the gun any advise would be most welcome.

I'm thinking of updating my spray equipment so advise on the best to buy and best solutions would be greatly appreciated (I have a low budget I'm afraid)

Using to high a solution would sometimes do this. I was sprayed with a 12% the first time then a 14%. i'd use a 14% Is a 12% isn't dark enough for them. Why not ring dawn who could help you more? I've been using nouvatan for 18 months and that does not happen dawn said when I trained that you get that mainly when you use the 16%

Ok another problem now!! Another client (one of my regulars that I asked for feedback with tan) has just text me. She said if she was 'honest' it was a bit patchy and streaky on her legs and arms!! :grr: What have I done wrong here?? Too much solution where streaky and not enough where patchy?? Think I need to train again - Nightmare!! xxx

This happened to my client and me last week we both had 16%. I have resprayed awaiting feedback . My hands and wrists are patchy but thats down to not wearing rubber gloves when cleaning and bleaching i guess ... X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

you definitely need to lay off using the way more than 50ml you say your using. this is most likely what's making it fade of bad. (been there done that & that is what my problem was. problem also occurred with the same solution your using)

Also don't be so hard on yourself, it isn't nesaccarily your fault. especially streaky arms & legs, your client could of possibly not washed all her shower gel residue off in the bath or she may of still had remnants of moisturiser on her skin when you tanned her, they swear blind they don't but usually they do have! lol

I'm not too familiar with your machine as I have something different so I wouldn't even try having a go at telling you how to have it set as I haven't a clue lol

My ts20 density dial was set at 7 I've now set it a teeny movement before the 9 & this is how it's working best for me. I also use nouvatan.

As has been mentioned above using a % too high for the clients skin can lead to a poor fade off, for example my sister is fine with a 10% nouvatan & the fade off is hardly noticeable but yet if I use the 12% nouva on her the fade off is awful. x

I had lots complain about fade off with Nouvatan, and clients thought it was a bit too golden for them too.I like Brown bitz, perfect colour and fade off,in my opinion. But we all like different,lol. Dont despair,keep going you'll get it sorted.Are you cleaning your gun really well, as it might be blocked up a bit and can spray hardly anything they splurt out a lot.xx

Thanks ladies, won't get disheartened, I guess its just practice and getting to know my TS50 gun and how the different strengths work on different skins. I will also make sure I am not using more than 50ml (though I guess if my client was on the larger side I would use more). Thanks again xx

I am having the same issue with this so its nothing to do how you are tanning etc i am away to drop dawn an email to see what could be causing this

Thanks
Austin x

Do let us know what Dawn says as I really would like to try the darker solutions but not at the risk I going patchy after 2 days!
If it helps to rule things out, i use approx 20-30ml per tan so not using too much and like I said earlier have sprayed for a few years now with other solutions that I didn't have the same problem with. I hope there is an answer to this as I really do love the colour!

Austin . Did you get s reply ftom Dawn ?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back