What am I doing wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy viette

Reaction score
So I finally have my own space after renting a chair for a while I found someone who rents me their space in the they aren't working and for less money than the chair was! Of course the start up was very expensive buying all the equipment colours etc(we don't share) and a few of my clients have followed me which is great but that's all I have alot of enquiries but never the follow up, my prices are reasonable very simular to the other salons in the area. I'm finding alot of people in Facebook are just after a cheap deal? Anyone eles have this issue? Iv advertised on social media mainly and have done a small flyer drop and have emailed local companies offering a 10%discount for local Employees, NHS and students. Whilst I didn't expect it to be rammed immediately I thought I'd be a little busier :(. Has anyone got any tips what, so ever.

So I finally have my own space after renting a chair for a while I found someone who rents me their space in the they aren't working and for less money than the chair was! Of course the start up was very expensive buying all the equipment colours etc(we don't share) and a few of my clients have followed me which is great but that's all I have alot of enquiries but never the follow up, my prices are reasonable very simular to the other salons in the area. I'm finding alot of people in Facebook are just after a cheap deal? Anyone eles have this issue? Iv advertised on social media mainly and have done a small flyer drop and have emailed local companies offering a 10%discount for local Employees, NHS and students. Whilst I didn't expect it to be rammed immediately I thought I'd be a little busier :(. Has anyone got any tips what, so ever.
Do you post pictures of your work on social media? Before and afters work well to entice customers. Do a free haircut draw, again doesn't cost you anything essentially, and a great way to publicise your business.

Try to think about it from the clients perspective. Presumably your prospective clients are already going elsewhere to get their hair done so you need to entice them to try you.

Do you have an A board that you can display outside the shop? Can you advertise via posters in the shop window?

Are you good at occasion hair? Could you find an attractive friend with long hair who will let you take pictures of some intricate wedding/party styles to make yourself stand out from the crowd and post those on SM?

If you’ve got time on your hands, grab a cuppa and start reading this thread for more ideas. It’s pinned on the Business Forum.

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/more-ways-to-promote-your-business.83160/

Hi Amy,

Firstly, congrats on finding your own space!

In terms of getting more clients, you need to use many different marketing methods to get clients. The social media one WILL work, you just need to work at it longer. Use Facebook for paid advertising across Facebook and Instagram.
I'd recommend finding out your exact target audience first.
So, Women, 18-25, *location*. See if this converts to clients, if not, then try a new 'campaign' where you'd put maybe, Women, 25-35, Location.
You can spend as little as £1 a day and you can target the audience in your specific area.

You will expand the most with word of mouth but I think first of all it is best to get new customers by paying a little for social media.

What about women over 35? :eek:
We still use hairdressing and beauty services and probably have more disposable income than some of the youngsters.

We still use hairdressing and beauty services and probably have more disposable income than some of the youngsters.
Haha of course, women over 35 are included! It was just an example! I am a woman over 35, would be a shame to leave myself out of anything ;)

Thank you everyone for your advice, I am currently running a paid ad on Facebook, and lots of my friends have offered to have their hair out up for pictures which is really great, how often does everyone post int heir social media? Can u post too much I don't want to annoy people. Thank you again

Thank you everyone for your advice, I am currently running a paid ad on Facebook, and lots of my friends have offered to have their hair out up for pictures which is really great, how often does everyone post int heir social media? Can u post too much I don't want to annoy people. Thank you again
I post work that I'm super proud of, any before and after that has the wow factor, or any new products that you have. I will post when I have time or when I really want to attract specific types of clients, sometimes I just post to keep my Facebook looking fresh :)

I recently started a massage & holistic treatment from home..i retrained at college at the age of 48. I am passionate about customer service and. In particular want to attract the more mature clients as I feel I can deliver them a excellent friendly service. Really struggling his to word my adverts though ! Any advice?

Latest posts

Back