What am I doing wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahmorg1

Reaction score
I am wondering what I am doing wrong when I do a french manicure on myself.

I start with Creative Stickey Coat, then one coat of OPI bubble bath, then OPI Alpine snow for the tip which I apply by going left to right across the tip, then OPI Top coat. I also apply the tip first and the nail colour over the top, then top coat.

I make sure that the varnish is dry between each application. After two days I find that the varnish at the tip starts to chip, or crack.

Am I doing anything wrong, can anyone give advice?????

Thanks

I am wondering what I am doing wrong when I do a french manicure on myself.

I start with Creative Stickey Coat, then one coat of OPI bubble bath, then OPI Alpine snow for the tip which I apply by going left to right across the tip, then OPI Top coat. I also apply the tip first and the nail colour over the top, then top coat.

I make sure that the varnish is dry between each application. After two days I find that the varnish at the tip starts to chip, or crack.

Am I doing anything wrong, can anyone give advice?????

Thanks

What preping do you do to your nail before you apply your base coat?

I have found that the polish lasts longer if you prep the same as you would for nail enhancements. You could also truy adding another layer of top coat every other day too!

HTH

I am very geeklette, so don't do enhancements.

The only preparation I do is ensure all the previous varnish is removed, then buffer each nail to ensure surface is flat (but not over buffer). I then wash my hands to remove the polish remover. I then wait about two hours before I apply the nail varnish, because I understand that if you put varnish on a nail that has been in water can affect shipping, because the nail is slightly swollen from the water.

Is there anything wrong that I am doing there, could you advise how best to prep a nail, I will also try applying further top coats.

Thanks

I am very geeklette, so don't do enhancements.

The only preparation I do is ensure all the previous varnish is removed, then buffer each nail to ensure surface is flat (but not over buffer). I then wash my hands to remove the polish remover. I then wait about two hours before I apply the nail varnish, because I understand that if you put varnish on a nail that has been in water can affect shipping, because the nail is slightly swollen from the water.

Is there anything wrong that I am doing there, could you advise how best to prep a nail, I will also try applying further top coats.

Thanks

Just before you put any varnish on your nails I would try wiping over with CND Scrub Fresh (available from Sweet Squard via secondary account or Ellisons) which will help to squeek and remove any moisture left on the nail. As soon as that has dried to a chalky white you can then start to to polish your nail. White applying your polish and especially top coat make sure you "cap" the free edge of your nail which will also help the polish to last longer.

Have a look on the enhancement tutorials for preping tips too.

White applying your polish and especially top coat make sure you "cap" the free edge of your nail which will also help the polish to last longer.

Have a look on the enhancement tutorials for preping tips too.[/quote]

I wil try Scrub Fresh thanks, I have rough idea about capping the free edge, but just so I know that I am doing it right, I move the brush from bottom to top of nail, then take brush over the top of the free edge.

I had read a thread on here saying that she also applied polish to the back of the nail tip??????

Thanks for all your help

Latest posts

Back