What application were you taught first

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scattyfox

Reaction score
Following on from another thread, i was just wondering what application were you taught with your initial training.

Do most companies teach one colour application then move on to pink and white or did they teach you pink and white straight off.

I'll be interested to see what the outcome of this is.

I forgot to say i was taught clear application first of all then learnt pink and white when i converted to creative.

all i was taught was clear L&P over a nail tip, just the basics really.

I was taught fibreglass T/O using natural tips, the product line didn't have anything like Fabric# MTW so it was either natural tips, white tips or pearlised tips.

I trained with Ezflow, we were taught one colour application, shown P&W once, over white tips, and that was at the end of the course. I think it should be taught from word go personally, whats the point in paying out for a foundation course, then finding that you dont know how to do the most popular nail around!!:eek:

i was taught one colour overlay over natural tips. i then taught myself pink and whites and sculpting

Following on from another thread, i was just wondering what application were you taught with your initial training.

Do most companies teach one colour application then move on to pink and white or did they teach you pink and white straight off.

I'll be interested to see what the outcome of this is.

Are we gonna do this all evening rofl :hug:

I was college tought and did not cover p+w once,wich in my opinon is appauling !

xxxx

My very first course showed me how to apply white tips and clear overlay.
At college I was taught to blend natural tips but not apply white powder, just NNO's.
As you can see, my initial training was somewhat basic to say the least.

I was taught clear gel over tips. Very basic! I wasnt even told about permanent french etc!

My first course taught me clear overlays, with french only being offered by the use of French tips.

I bought a white powder and taught myself pink and whites, but then fine tuned my skills with some 1-1 training with Creative before L&P induction.

Are we gonna do this all evening rofl :hug:

I was college tought and did not cover p+w once,wich in my opinon is appauling !

xxxx

This is why the first thing i teach is p+w tip and overlay,not a white tip in sight!

I was taught P&W from the start even though my training was pretty appaulling they did cover this.

when I first trained we learned aplications mani/ pedi..... L&P clear, t/o....sculpts....fabric.....( no gel was taught back then)then you were thrown in the pool and the instructor would help on where you went wrong ......and you would pray the client/ or model liked your work. after sitting for hours and hours ....:rolleyes:

I was first taught natural over tips, then clear over white tips and didn't do pink and white until I converted to Creative.

When i was taught, it was tip and overlay using l+p, then p+w, then "told" how to do uv gel and fibreglass, never actually had to do an assessment on either, funny that as my certificate said i was qualified in all 3 systems, yeah right, and pigs might fly I thought at the time! lol!.... Hence the further education i did after my origional course, as i was so rubbish!!...

L&P first - then had a go at gel and fabric :green:

Hmmm! ... I was taught everything as well! :eek:
Yes within 3 days my class went all through 3 systems, as well as mani & pedi and I had a cert to say so. I came home & cried!
I began properly with gel then moved onto l&p.

I was taught p+w from the outset on my Creative Foundation course - thankfully! It was really hard at the time, but I'm glad now......

I was taught p+w from the outset on my Creative Foundation course - thankfully! It was really hard at the time, but I'm glad now......

Me Too!! The first day when you have to do 1 hand of P&W on another student was terrible, so embarrasing. I remember thinking that I would never get the hang of it, and I haven't!!! Only joking, although there is still room for improvement.

I ddone P & W L&P

I was taught nat tips with clear overlay in silk/fglass, l&p, gel and light cured l&p. I was also shown white tips. Not a pink & white in sight! I am self taught p&w and sculpting with gel but have had 1 2 1 with Graftons to help me recently.

Latest posts

Back