What are everyone's plans for Bonfire Night?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_louise92

Reaction score
So geeks this time of year is around again! I know Halloween hasn't even passed yet but what's everyone's plans to do for bonfire night??

I live in Yorkshire and not so sure on what to do or if there are any firework displays on?

So what's everyone got planned ...

Xxxx

I don't normally do anything but me and my fiance are going to his aunt and uncles fireworks party. Plenty of food and booze lol. I'm not going to stay late because of the pets though, I've drafted my mum to be with them and I don't wanna take the pee.

What is Bonfire Night? Sounds like fun! :)

That's sounds like a good plan. I love been stood round a big bonfire wrapped up all warm with hat and gloves and a nice alcoholic beverage! Lol and seeing all the fireworks I love it. Normally have plans by now but not sure where to go this year :s

What is Bonfire Night? Sounds like fun! :)

Bonfire night is a celebration of Guy Fawkes. There is usually a load of wood etc an people can sometimes make a man out of straw an clothe him in old clothes and light it and ten have fireworks. It's in the 5th of November. It is really fun and amazing to see a firework display!

If you try and explain it, it's really quite a weird celebration. Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament, but he was caught and hung. So now we burn effigies of him on a bonfire and let off fireworks on 5th November. Bizarre! Us Brits are an odd lot ..

If you try and explain it, it's really quite a weird celebration. Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament, but he was caught and hung. So now we burn effigies of him on a bonfire and let off fireworks on 5th November. Bizarre! Us Brits are an odd lot ..

In a but shell :lol:

I miss bonfire night :( I'm from England, but since living in Northern Ireland bonfire night doesn't exist here :(

We have a big firework display at the leisure center near our house 3 displays with food, live music etc do we got tickets to that hopefully the weather will be ok!

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

I will be at my OH brothers house having a bonfire and fireworks, we've just moved into a new house so have plenty of wood to go into the bonfire lol. My nephews (5&8 yo) love it they get so excited with everyone being at their house seeing the fireworks. We've also got a few bags of huge marshmallow to toast on the bonfire :)
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Me and my family normally go to a local one nearby but for some reason they are not having one this year so we are going to have a little private one in the back garden. Not too sure what to do with the dog though - any suggestions? Don't want him getting scarred with all the loud noise - normally he doesn't care about loud noises however we have never set off fireworks in the back garden before...

Ckelly- could u put the dogs in a room furthest away from the back garden? With a TV on for background noise? Xx

Am flying off to botswana this bonfire night for 3 glorious weeks in the sun :-D

My grandson will be 2 on 8th November, so we are having a bonfire party for him on Saturday. Small fire, lots of fireworks, pie & peas (with mint sauce os course), baked potatoes & parkin....Yummy

We will be going to a firework display.

I'm not going to an organised one, I always think our local ones are crap and not worth the entrance fee!

Last couple of years, me, my mum and dad have got fireworks and had our own celebration and barbecue in the garden. I'm trying to convince my dad he needs to do this again this year!

The ones put on round where I am are really good! Local rugby club has fireworks, BBQ and bar, disco after but most I expect will go to watch fireworks then go into town to the pubs after! Our neighbouring town make a massive deal out of it, amazing display, fair ground rides the lot! Streets get closed off and everything. Not bad for small towns in cornwall! Hope everyone has fun and pets stay safe etc xxxx

So are any of you celebrating bonfire night and what food or drink makes your night? We're having a few fireworks in the garden and im cooking hot dogs and jacket potatoes for tea then baileys hot choc to warm up after fireworks (alcohol free for the kids of course!)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooo will be lovely if you see some fireworks from the plane

Would be great if I did see them from the plane, will be keeping keeping my eyes open :)

Latest posts

Back