What are express lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much do u all charge for express lashes? (Compared to semi-perm) and do they need to make an appointment for removal after 2 weeks? Xx

How much do u all charge for express lashes? (Compared to semi-perm) and do they need to make an appointment for removal after 2 weeks? Xx

I charge £15 for express or weekend lashes and advise they book for removal when they are ready. They can last up to 2 weeks but some clients literally just want them in for a weekend.
Semi perm I only charge £30 per set and £20 infill, as I am still fairly new to it. And I charge £5 for removal or sell a removal pack for £10 xx
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Princess Jen! That's such a great idea- removal pack! What do u give them in this? Xx

You have to be careful as there is so many terms now what therapists call the different types of lashes and we always recommend to explain to your clients exactly what they are getting and how long they last.

Semi permanent lashes are applied by isolating and they can last 2-3 months with regular infills every 2-3 weeks.

Express lashes are single extensions but applied in a different technique. They should be removed after 2 weeks

Cluster lashes should only be worn for a short period which is why they are often referred to as weekend lashes even though some clients manage up to a week without damage to the natural lash.

Party lashes/strip lashes are supposed to be only worn one day and removed at night.

Due to the nature of the different lash types you need to apply them with different glues, ie semi permanent lashes can be applied with different types but express lashes with open eye technique must be applied with a sensitive or odour/fume free glue which needs to be removed by a qualified therapist whilst cluster and strip lashes need a completely different glue so that the lashes can be removed by the client at home.

We would never recommend any client removing semi permanent or express lashes at home as the remover is a professional product and should only be used by a therapist, it is far too strong to be retailed and you might find that the insurance will not cover you for selling this to clients either.

Princess Jen! That's such a great idea- removal pack! What do u give them in this? Xx

I pop in a small amount of remover, some microfiber sticks and a step by step instruction letter which I have made and printed out on card.
Make sure you give the correct remover for which glue/lash technique you have used.
And finally I have them sign the part of the disclaimer form where I have stated regarding the home removal and instructions.
I would rather sell this to them than cry knowing they are going to try pick them off or put baby oil in their eyes! Just like I sell foil wraps with acetone to clients to stop them ripping things off their nails.
These are things they can buy anywhere...lash remover can be bought on ebay so I feel better knowing they have had some instructions and the correct tools from me. If a client wants to remove at home they will do so whether I help them or not...Unfortunately xx

What do u put the remover in? Xx

Little sterilised pots u can get from wholesale xx

Can I ask who people trained with to do the eyelash extensions? I want to do a course that will train me in semi permanent eyelashes and also show me the express technique too.

Thank you xxx

I did a separate course for express lashes as this wasn't included on the semi permanent course I did.

Can I ask who people trained with to do the eyelash extensions? I want to do a course that will train me in semi permanent eyelashes and also show me the express technique too.

Thank you xxx

I trained with marvelash. Their products arent the best but good to practice with but I thought the training was great xx

Thank you!! If I train with them, will I only be insured to use the marvelash products?

Xxx

No. I sent my certificate off and my insurance just states semi permanent eye lash application. But every insurer is different so just check first. Xx

Il double check, thanks :) xxx

So, for the express lashes should I be using the same glue as I use for my semi perms.?

Sj it's defo semi-perm glue for express I think this is why ppl have to get then removed or use remover to get them off after 2 week x

Do any of u use a primer for semi-permanents? X

Cool thanks Natasha, I don't use a primer, just make sure lashes are oil free.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389736022.587485.jpg

These are my express lashes
£15 last 2-3 weeks
Lash perfect la la express lashes
Clients love them
X

Do any of u use a primer for semi-permanents? X

Yes, I use protein remover pads as well as primer. Probably could just use one but like to use both and be sure lashes are clean/oil-free. X

I'm getting paranoid my Express lashes are over-priced now :s you're all charging closer to my weekend lash prices... X

Latest posts

Back