What are the best products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelgorg

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a dilemma I'm hoping you guys can help me with!

I'm currently researching products to use in the future (I am about to become a mobile tech).

I've registered with a lot of product companies (S2 etc), got their brochures, but there are soooooo many products to choose from!

Can my fellow geeks please tell me what you think the best products are in the following list:

-acrylics and gel products
-brushes for one stroke, acrylics and gel nails and general nail art
-gel polish ( I'm heading towards CND Shellac on this one but still want people's opinions)

Please be specific to brand names if possible so I can look them up.

Many many many thanks in advance!

Emma xx

I only like working with soak-off products. I prefer Shellac over Gelish as I find Shellac never wrinkles or shrinks and has nice pigment to it... I think Shellac is easier to work with over Gelish, but I still carry Gelish for additional colour options. I think the Shellac colors are very trendy, but there are less options vs Gelish in terms of colour variety. Some people like to layer Shellac for additional colour options, but I personally don't bother with that at the moment.

For UV Gel I am crazy about Bio Sculpture, but I've heard great things about the new CND soak-off gel. I like Bio Sculpture because of brand recognition, soaks off, and never lifts. Not to mention, I find Bio very easy to manipulate and work with. I use a variety of brushes, including #4 and #6, round and straight, depending on what the use is for. I apply with a #4 round brush from Bio Sculpture, and I do my french smile lines with a #4 square brush. For adding pigments such as CND additives, I use a #6 square brush dry.

I only like working with soak-off products. I prefer Shellac over Gelish as I find Shellac never wrinkles or shrinks and has nice pigment to it... I think Shellac is easier to work with over Gelish, but I still carry Gelish for additional colour options. I think the Shellac colors are very trendy, but there are less options vs Gelish in terms of colour variety. Some people like to layer Shellac for additional colour options, but I personally don't bother with that at the moment.

For UV Gel I am crazy about Bio Sculpture, but I've heard great things about the new CND soak-off gel. I like Bio Sculpture because of brand recognition, soaks off, and never lifts. Not to mention, I find Bio very easy to manipulate and work with. I use a variety of brushes, including #4 and #6, round and straight, depending on what the use is for. I apply with a #4 round brush from Bio Sculpture, and I do my french smile lines with a #4 square brush. For adding pigments such as CND additives, I use a #6 square brush dry.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! Very helpful, thank you.

Latest posts

Back