What are the most challenging things salon owners face?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anon3423

Reaction score
as asked in the title I'd really like to know what it takes to start a salon

Also if you could also answer this question: How scary was it when you guys started your own business and what challenges did you face , where did you find your hairdressers etc..

P.S i'm quite new and i'd just like some feedback that may be useful

I may have posted it in the wrong subforum but I'm still clueless:

I'd really like to know what it takes to start a salon or what it's like to become a hairdresser.
How scary was it when you guys started your own business or became a hairstylist what challenges did you face? , where did you find your hairdressers etc..

P.S i'd really just like some feedback that may be useful hope it doesn't take too much out of anyone's time

I've been hairdressing for 6 year and recently opened my own home salon. I love hairdressing, I can't imagine doing anything else. I got a hairdressing apprenticeship after doing work experience in a salon. Took me 2 years to finish my apprenticeship (Normally 3-4 years depending on your location). In Australia, qualification is competency based, so you can finish it quickly if you're determined. The only thing I struggle with in the hairdressing industry is the bitchiness and the drama in the workplace. Being a female dominated industry, it's bound to happen. Hence why I now work from home. Owning your own business is terrifying, as you dont know how much money you'll be making, especially in the beginning. But it's so worth it, being able to work whenever you want and not put up with any drama.

I've been hairdressing for 6 year and recently opened my own home salon. I love hairdressing, I can't imagine doing anything else. I got a hairdressing apprenticeship after doing work experience in a salon. Took me 2 years to finish my apprenticeship (Normally 3-4 years depending on your location). In Australia, qualification is competency based, so you can finish it quickly if you're determined. The only thing I struggle with in the hairdressing industry is the bitchiness and the drama in the workplace. Being a female dominated industry, it's bound to happen. Hence why I now work from home. Owning your own business is terrifying, as you dont know how much money you'll be making, especially in the beginning. But it's so worth it, being able to work whenever you want and not put up with any drama.

Thanks for the response, was waiting for a bit. those all seem like valid reasons! I'll see what others say i'm very interested in hairdressing so thank you.

Latest posts

Back