What are these?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkbunny28

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I'm a bit worried. Looking at my nails I seem to have lines going across my free edge. A bit like on a tree trunk? Have no idea where they've come from. You can't really see it in the picture but the thumb shows a bit.

Does anyone know what they would be? x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336137696.926347.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336137696.926347.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 438
Have you been wearing enhancements? x

No just opi polish and shellac and I always take it off properly. Have stopped picking completely. Am being really good :( x

I think they could be Beau's lines

Interesting. I don't see how they could be since I havnt had any trauma etc but you never know. Nails can be strange! Thanks for your suggestion x

Interesting. I don't see how they could be since I havnt had any trauma etc but you never know. Nails can be strange! Thanks for your suggestion x

are you eating properly? i used get them when i went on stupid diets..x

Changes in the nails can be a sign that you have an underlying medical problem. Have you been ill recently?

xx

I have just been on a diet that was useless but was only 4 days so didn't think that could be it.

To be honest I have been getting colds far too often, about 1 a month lately. Think it's down to stress so that could be why.

Thanks x

I think they could be Beau's lines
Indeed they look like Beau lines - indicating an interuption in the thickness of the nail plate - they also appear to be on the plate as well. At the free edge you can see the colour variation as there is less plate to reflect light, hence you get a darker line.

To be honest I have been getting colds far too often, about 1 a month lately. Think it's down to stress so that could be why.
This sounds like the cause, even though it's not a major problem a cold added with stress can slow down the plate production while you are sick, and the regularity is creating a pattern.

Plenty of solar oil will help keep the strength in the plate while you work on getting healthy and back to proper nail plate production

hth's

Latest posts

Back