What are tip & dip nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
I've heard this phrase a lot on here and just wondered what they are and how you do them? x

:D its where you apply resin to the nail (after cuticle ,prep work and attaching the tip) then dip the finger in acrylic, then repeat apply activator then done! its basically a quicker version of doing acrylics , i prefer to do zones myself, this is just my preference hth huni

:D its where you apply resin to the nail (after cuticle ,prep work and attaching the tip) then dip the finger in acrylic, then repeat apply activator then done! its basically a quicker version of doing acrylics , i prefer to do zones myself, this is just my preference hth huni

oooh thanks for that. resin? as in glue? what are zones? i am so not with it lol x

i was the same babe acrylic is tricky lol, resin is a type of strong glue, and on the nail you place the acrylic beads in 3 zones 1 is the tip part 2 is the middle and 3 is the cuticle, it just ensure you apply the correct amount of acrylic in the right place on the nail x:D

Sallys sell something called quick dip acrylic kit, you get a pot of powder & a brush on glue & an activator spray, a girl near me (my sisters friend) does acrylics using this kit & charges £10 per person (she isn't qualified, & her nails look horrible) lol x

is the tip n dip method as durable as the zone application? I'm thinking of training in acrylics or gels and am looking to get as much info as I can before commiting to one method.

i personally prefer doing zones as you have more control of the acrylic beads and where they go, zone 2 is the apex so needs to be strongest, with tip and dip its not "built up" i also think doing zones on a client instead of tip and dip looks more professional, this is just my preference hth:D

oooh thanks for that. resin? as in glue? what are zones? i am so not with it lol x

Have a look on youtube there is one done by Angel Beauty Products

Acrylic Nails Dipping System (Professional Step by Step Instruction) - YouTube

the smile lines are a bit high up on the nails but the basic application is shown. Backscratchers also do a good video

Acrylic Dip System Demo FAST _ Backscratchers Extreme - YouTube

I do them sometimes when short on time or the Monomer smell is not an option. Also they are easy to do on your own nails

i personally prefer doing zones as you have more control of the acrylic beads and where they go, zone 2 is the apex so needs to be strongest, with tip and dip its not "built up" i also think doing zones on a client instead of tip and dip looks more professional, this is just my preference hth:D

You can build them by applying extra layers of resin to the areas that need more of an apex. Only use the resins meant for these systems though as using ordinary glues can cause air bubbles as they are too thick, but I agree. The 3 bead method does look more professional

Hun,
Zones are one of the first things covered in training, have you forgotten? Or where did you train? I would go back and tell them to teach you the basics:o

Have a look on youtube there is one done by Angel Beauty Products

Acrylic Nails Dipping System (Professional Step by Step Instruction) - YouTube

the smile lines are a bit high up on the nails but the basic application is shown. Backscratchers also do a good video

Acrylic Dip System Demo FAST _ Backscratchers Extreme - YouTube

I do them sometimes when short on time or the Monomer smell is not an option. Also they are easy to do on your own nails
Love the way she says in the clip Gently" etch with a 100 grit ..... 100 grit is NOT GENTLE :)

Thank you guys - very helpful for my decision making

xx

Hun,
Zones are one of the first things covered in training, have you forgotten? Or where did you train? I would go back and tell them to teach you the basics:o

Haha yeah i know about the zones. I just didn't know what they were called and forgot. Been about a year since i've done acrylics and really really do not get on with them. think i wasn't taught all that well tbh, it was a day course!!! i can blend pretty good though but my application of the acrylic is just awful!!! takes me ages to file down to creat the apex, the sides and cuticle are applied too thick! just cant get to grips with it and it frustrates me more than anything (apart from individual eyelashes). just though maybe if someone had real short nails i could do a tip and dip and then apply shellac on the top if they wanted length added :) xx

I'm the same too!!! I'm ok at acrylics but I only qualified a couple of weeks ago. I've bought the dip and go system and it's great!!! I've got 10 people booked already and it's soo quick easy and it's doesn't stink like the original acrylic!!!
Although saying that I am still persevering with the normal version. I just don't feel that confident yet to do them on people's nails. I'm a determined person so I know I'll get there in the end :)

Latest posts

Back