What are you charging to remove CND Shellac Luxe?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlawlessBeauty

Reaction score
I am about to invest in the starter kit and wondered what you are all charging to remove the shellac luxe?

Originally I didn't charge for shellac removals with reapplication but then I decided to charge £5 as it still took up my product and my time. I am about to invest in a few of the Luxe colours to try it out and it got me thinking as to what to charge for removals considering the time is much shorter. Also how is everybody getting on with the Shellac Luxe?

Personally, I wouldn't charge for removal if the client had the SL done by you and is having it done, again. I would only charge for removal if it's a stand alone service.

I can't wait to try the Shellac Luxe. It looks fab.

I’d build the price of removal for it into your price, it’s not a time intensive process so it can’t cost much :)

Is anyone else having doubts about taking on the shellac luxe?

Saving 10 - 15 mins isn't important to me as it takes this long to get them a drink and to decide on their next colour.
As the luxe colour is more expensive than the existing colour to buy in, I'll have to charge more per service, but if the client is in for less time, they might feel hard done by?

just some thoughts...

I don't understand this. By my calculations, the product cost per service for CND Shellac Luxe is much less than for regular CND Shellac, and in either case, is less than 6% of my price for a mani. Combined with the savings in time due to no base coat and quicker removal, Shellac Luxe is significantly less expensive than Shellac. Am I missing something?

Is anyone else having doubts about taking on the shellac luxe?

Saving 10 - 15 mins isn't important to me as it takes this long to get them a drink and to decide on their next colour.
As the luxe colour is more expensive than the existing colour to buy in, I'll have to charge more per service, but if the client is in for less time, they might feel hard done by?

just some thoughts...
I'm considering it so i was thinking i would try out a few colours.

The price per bottle is more but the bottles are larger. Shellac is about 7.3ml and Luxe is about 12.5ml. So it works out cheaper to use Luxe. Also no base coat saves cost.

General thoughts seem to be a complimentary removal with a redo.

I just need to make sure the client knows if they have luxe or original so that the correct amount of time is booked out.

Im sitting on the fence too. The pics Ive seen the applied gel looks thinner & I wonder if it will accentuate ridges/nail imperfections.

The only other 2 step gel polish Ive experience with was Smart Polish & that was horrible so Im not sure if im judging it too harshly!

I love that the bottles are bigger but the removal time dosnt really effect me either xx

I don't understand this. By my calculations, the product cost per service for CND Shellac Luxe is much less than for regular CND Shellac, and in either case, is less than 6% of my price for a mani. Combined with the savings in time due to no base coat and quicker removal, Shellac Luxe is significantly less expensive than Shellac. Am I missing something?

Ahh... thanks. I didn't realise the bottles are larger, my mistake.
However it would take me ages to get through that volume before it was past its best.
I can see though, that very busy nail salons would appreciate the faster service time and larger bottles.

Thanks for your reply
X

Last edited:
Generally most nail techs include the removal in the price if they are having a re-application. I don't think the removal time saves that much time anyway when you think about getting client a drink and deciding on next colour. This is usually done while they are having them soaked off. If you charge for a stand alone service then you still have to tidy nails and shape so I would charge same as for shellac. Your only saving a few mins on the actual removal time. Hardly worth changing the price imo.

Remember aswel that the luxe has a shorter wear time then shellac so I wouldn't charge more for luxe.

Latest posts

Back