What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire Olsen

Reaction score
Would love to hear about everyone's family traditions and what they do for thanksgiving!

I always make pudding pie and watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade!

What about you?

I think the site is 80% UK residents and we don't celebrate Thanks Giving so you might not get many replies :)

We seem to have tried to embrace Black Friday thing, but the UK retailers really don't seem to get the point and have been doing deals and offers for about the last week calling them 'Black Friday deals' :confused: :eek::rolleyes:

Hope you have a great day though, pie & a parade sounds like my kinda day :D

Interestingly, the Irish saved 'Thanksgiving' for the Americans. :) ☘☘

The first Thanksgiving was actually celebrated on Feb 21, 1621 when a band of starving pilgrims at Plymouth Rock were saved at the last minute by the arrival of a ship from Dublin bearing food from Ireland. It turns out, from records at the Massachusetts Historical Society, that the wife of one of the prominent Plymouth Rock brethren was the daughter of a Dublin merchant and that it was he who chartered the vessel, loaded it with food and dispatched it to Plymouth. (according to wiki)

Sorry UK residents didn't know! Haha

Sorry UK residents didn't know! Haha
Always interested in other countries customs .What do you do Claire.what is pudding pie and what parade.

I'm an American in the UK and Thanksgiving for me is a like a pre-Christmas gathering with my nearest and dearest. Full roast dinner and all my favourite pies.... Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie and Sweet Potato Pie! [emoji16]

I'm an American in the UK and Thanksgiving for me is a like a pre-Christmas gathering with my nearest and dearest. Full roast dinner and all my favourite pies.... Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie and Sweet Potato Pie! [emoji16]
I love sweet potatoes is that eaten as a savoury like a quiche or a dessert

I love sweet potatoes is that eaten as a savoury like a quiche or a dessert

I personally make it as a dessert pie, it's very similar to pumpkin pie. Except we're weirdos and it's not actually eaten FOR dessert- you eat it alongside your turkey lol x

Every Thanksgiving, I HAVE to watch 'Miracle on 34th Street. The original, not the remake. :)

Always interested in other countries customs .What do you do Claire.what is pudding pie and what parade.
It's almost like jello but it's chocolate pudding and I put it in a graham cracker crust! Yum!! And the parade is held in New York City with a bunch of huge floats it's nice!

Yes! Isn't it great I love thanksgiving and of course Christmas! Such a nice time to spend with family and friends!

Every Thanksgiving, I HAVE to watch 'Miracle on 34th Street. The original, not the remake. :)
Believe it or not I've never seen that! I know so bad..

I definitely will!

Excuse my ignorance but is Thanksgiving similar to what we call Harvest Festival?

I'm not sure what is harvest festival! Haha

Thanksgiving is a harvest festival.

So then yes! Lol

Latest posts

Back