What are you giving up for Lent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Manicure

Reaction score
I would probably be one of the least religious people you would ever hope to meet (if you were a priest) but my daughter asked me this morning what I was giving up for Lent. Seems that her friends at school are giving something up and she wants to join in. So she's giving up all junk food. This includes cakes, sweets and chocolates, crisps and takeaways. She doesn't eat take away so should be easy for her.

She has encouraged me to join her and to be honest I could lose a few stone so I am giving it up too although not really for Lent. My only vice will be wine because without that too you may aswell put me in my coffin now.

Is anyone else giving something up on the first day of Lent?

Iam giving up alcohol! Think I may regret it haha. But suppose my liver will thank me! X

Crisps and bread for me!

I'm a passive Hindu, but this is the second Lent I'm giving something.

In a strange way it helps me focus. Having to think about what I'm eating instead of just mindlessly grazing (or gorging!) trickles over into other aspects of my day too.

I feel healthier by the end of it aswell

I'm giving up junk food and not exercising. Basically using Lent to kick start my healthy regime that I will hopefully be able to stick too. Also giving up negativity! Hope I can stick to this! x

I think I'm going to take up exercising regularly. I need to get fit and I'm not going to do it sitting on my bum! Not giving something up cause I have no willpower to do that lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm giving up cakes and sweets. Anything with refined white sugar

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I had to give up Gluten last year and I've decided that, that's enough to give up for the rest of my life lol x

Me and my friend are giving up mcdonalds food. Whoever caves in first gives £10 to rmhc (ronald mcdonald house charity)
She will cave in as she ears it far much more than me!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was giving up chocolate but I forgot and had a mars bar earlier :/ I have zero willpower.

I think I'm going to take up exercising regularly. I need to get fit and I'm not going to do it sitting on my bum! Not giving something up cause I have no willpower to do that lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

This idea appeals to me!
I might give up being sedentary as well meaning I have to do 30 mins exercise a day!!

I'm going to give up moaning! Haha xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm goin to give up saying i am giving up things cos i can never stick it out so no point :)

I'm giving up religion for lent. :wink2:

Just yanking your chain, MM. There's nothing religious about me at all.

Facebook 😃

Chocolate :D I've done it 3 years running now and the sense of satisfaction you get after scoffing your first Easter egg on Easter Sunday is worth the wait! X

Salon geek ......................

Just kidding 😜

I'm giving up men !

Or is it, i give up with men :irked:

Wine ! Again.
Went off it the first of January and lasted 3 weeks ...I lost a half stone..

Went back on the wine and the half stone came back and I hadn't done anything different.

So wine makes you fat ...well it makes me fat..

So off it now.....for a while anyways .

I may try bread!
I've gave up alcohol and ciggies six years ago!
Wow is there anything left I can enjoy 😳x

Latest posts

Back