What are your opinions on....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shazzar

Reaction score
Seeing as this is the first place I turn to when wanting advice, I thought I'd come here again for help!

I'm desperately trying to come up with a name for my business and have come up with "Creatively Polished".

Your honest opinions only - what do you think? Or if you have a better idea, chuck em at me!!!

Look forward to reading what you think....

I like that Sharon - sounds good and also appropriate since you are Creative trained. Good luck!

or to reverse it Polished Creations..

I think I'm turning into a right old misery but as you wanted all opinions here goes... Whilst it is a great play on the Creative bit I would guess that most potential clients haven't heard of Creative (sorry if I sound like a heretic) and so with the polished bit you may get calls for other types of polishing - ie French, cleaning etc. It is usually better that your business name clearly states to the uninitiated what you do ie "creatively polished nails" or "nail creations" or "creative talons". AS I have jsut put on another post I am turning into an old fogey so if you really like it then go for it!!!!!

sarah haslam said:
I think I'm turning into a right old misery but as you wanted all opinions here goes... Whilst it is a great play on the Creative bit I would guess that most potential clients haven't heard of Creative (sorry if I sound like a heretic) and so with the polished bit you may get calls for other types of polishing - ie French, cleaning etc. It is usually better that your business name clearly states to the uninitiated what you do ie "creatively polished nails" or "nail creations" or "creative talons". AS I have jsut put on another post I am turning into an old fogey so if you really like it then go for it!!!!!
Mmmm, i did like what Fab Freak suggested ie Polished Creations but having read your post i take the point. It definitely should have something in it which indicates nails - i liked your suggestion of Creative Talons: has a good ring to it.

Thanks for your opinions and most of all your honesty. Mi fella thought it sounded like a cleaning company!!!

Ah well, back to the drawing board!! Will ask again, i am sure, when I have another one!

Thanks,

I'll try a few for you:

Creatively Nailed

Polished Talons

Nailed to Perfection

talented talons said:
I'll try a few for you:

Creatively Nailed

Polished Talons

Nailed to Perfection
Trust Wends to get some good ones! i do agree that it should have something else in it thought as joe public may not be aware of Creative maybe even Creative Nails, you are still using Creative but just adding exactly what you do good luck x

i hope noone else asks i think i'm starting to run out of ideas now. Funny i couldn't think of any when i wanted one....lol

Thanks everyone! I've gone off that track now and have now decided on The Beauty Lodge!! I'll be doing other treatments as well as nail enchancements and I'm working from a log cabin in mi back garden!! So, The Beauty Lodge it is!!

Thanks again everyone.

Shazzar said:
Thanks everyone! I've gone off that track now and have now decided on The Beauty Lodge!! I'll be doing other treatments as well as nail enchancements and I'm working from a log cabin in mi back garden!! So, The Beauty Lodge it is!!

Thanks again everyone.
I really love that name - its fab!! I hope that the Beauty Lodge brings you much work and enjoyment :)

Shazzar said:

Thanks again everyone.
Hi Shazzar thats great i also live the idea that your working from a log cabin in your garden never thought of that x

You've got a log cabin in your back garden? Where do you live, The North Pole? How fabulous!! I want one! Sure beats a wendy house or a tent made from a sheet over the washing line. Post a pick of it, I'd love to see it.

Sounds great, really welcoming, especially as its a cabin, great idea being in the garden if you've got one big enough that is...lol.

Whoah! That's great - sounds very upmarket! Well done!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I got the 'shed' idea off another technician on here and I mithered her to death for her advice!!! If you're reading this, you'll know who you are and thanks again!!

My garden is not big and "log cabin" sounds far more grand than it really is. I was looking at the prices of summer houses and for the size I wanted (10ft x 10ft) they were working out the same price as a cabin and the cabin is far more substantial. So, I got mi cabin!! I couldn't afford an extension to give me another room and I only wanted to work from home (kiddies n stuff) so this was an ideal solution. No planning permision required because my garden can take it and it's not over a certain height. All that's left to do now is insulate it and put the eletrics in. Thankfully, mi hubby's ok with all of that cos if it were left to me I'd be working by candlelight!!

I'll post a picture of the outside and when the inside's done I'll post a piccy of that too!

If the truth be known, the little kiddy in me comes out when I go in there and all I want to do really is steal my daughter's doll and go off and 'play house'!!!

I'll keep you posted.

You sound like me, i get like that when i think about doing up our spare room into my own salon. I have to wait till i've built a better client base, but things are going along nicely at the moment so one day i will be doing what you are doing.

Good luck and can't wait to see pics when done.

Ive always loved the idea of a work station in the garden adn when i lived at home kept nagging my parents to let me or have the garage to work from to no evail. Then moved in with my boyfriend and although the place is nice these no bloody garden so im now nagging at him that i want to move and i want a garden lol! cant see it happening any time soon! x x

Latest posts

Back