What are your preferred gun settings?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslatham

Reaction score
I have the Sienna true mist, i spray up/down with a flat spray and density dial set 4-5.

Xx

Hi :)

I use the HVLP 5008 and I spray at 8 o'clock.

Hope this helps xx

I'm the same as post above, hvlp and 8 o'clock for me too! :) xx

Ts20 & I spray between the 8/9 o'clock. Xx

HVLP5008 & i spray at 8 o'clock - sometimes i try 9 o'clock but think 8 is best x

HVLP5008 & i spray at 8 o'clock - sometimes i try 9 o'clock but think 8 is best x

can i just double check,

you turn all the way round to the right or left (clockwise or anti?) is that until it wont turn anymore?

then mark the 12 o clock position, then turn the mark round to 8 o clock?

im getting a little confused xxxx

can i just double check,

you turn all the way round to the right or left (clockwise or anti?) is that until it wont turn anymore?

yep thats it :)

can i just double check,

I think this is right ... turn the density dial clockwise till it won't turn anymore. Mark the 12 o'clock position with nail varnish. Then turn dial anti-clockwise till the nail varnish marker is at the 8 o'clock position. There is a video on youtube that Steve from Nouvatan put on which shows exactly what to do. I think if you search on here you might find a link to the video. Hope this helps.:biggrin:

It depends which solution I'm using but usually 9/8 oclock.

Sorry forgot to mention I use HVLP 5008

I just double checked my machine today as I was really busy with spray tans... It's set at 9 o'clock, but I was going to turn it to 10 because clients skin looked quite wet? Does anybody else with the HVLP 5008 spray at 10 o'clock? Xx

I spray at 9ish with my HVLP 5008 (not 100% sure because I don't have it marked, but I guess it's around there, or closer to 10).

Im guessing u all have different guns to me? As my dial is on the handle and goes from 1-8, i have it in between 4-5. I think its a TS50 (dont quote me on that lol) xx

Im guessing u all have different guns to me? As my dial is on the handle and goes from 1-8, i have it in between 4-5. I think its a TS50 (dont quote me on that lol) xx

I also have the Ts50 but have it set on 2.5/3. I have had problems with the settings regarding overspray but this is definitely the best setting for me:) x

I just double checked my machine today as I was really busy with spray tans... It's set at 9 o'clock, but I was going to turn it to 10 because clients skin looked quite wet? Does anybody else with the HVLP 5008 spray at 10 o'clock? Xx

I tried it at 10 o'clock but it didn't seem to be spraying consistently so i adjusted to 9 o'clock. Are you maybe spraying too close or too slow? x

Thanks for this guys, i had mine turned quite far round and had so much overspray!

Changed it to 8 oclock from closed position and its perfect.. no overspray and the tan sprays alot better on my clients' body.

Also changing from the horizontal strokes to vertical is alot more effective.

I have the TS50 and have found mine is best between 4-5. I turn it down slightly for the hands and feet now for a few lighter coats which I have found gives better results than one heavy coat.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Anyone have the T200 TrueSpray Machine? I know full well mines set wrong would love to know what setting they have theirs on x

Latest posts

Back