What are your salon opening hours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieBeauty

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I'm helping out a friend with her salon, the business side of things & would really appreciate an idea of salon opening hours across the board?

Would you mind sharing what type of business you run & your hours (eg sole trader/home salon/small/large salon, hair, beauty or both & days/hours open)

I'd really appreciate the insight.

Currently this is a hair salon open Tues-Sat 9-3 with one late night opening, three stylists & a few nail treatments.

Looking forward to some replies, thanks in advance xx

Small salon - 2 treatment rooms and nail desk with 2 chairs at a lash and Brie bar - Tuesday - Saturday 9.30-5.30 with one late opening until 7pm on a Thursday

Jemima :)

Good question....I'd be really interested in this too as I'm opening in February and not sure what hours to open. Is Thursday late night better than Friday???

we are a small salon 2 stylists (1part time) 1 beautician and a nail technician we're open mon and tues 10-5 and weds thurs fri 9.30-7.30 and sat 8.30-5

my late nights get booked up the quickest and then saturdays and eventually through the day but we have a fair few walk ins to fill in the gaps

xxxx

Thanks ladies would love to hear any others?

Or experiences of other places you've worked & their hours?

Very interesting to hear that evening appts go first thanks for that x

Im home based salon just me working I do mostly hair and some beauty, tue 9-5.30 wed, thu ,fri im available 9 -8 sat 9-4. But as im home salon I can decide what I work :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Im a new home salon so I work mon-sun 9am-8pm, I get mostly evening appointments but im not fully booked so at the min it tends to be either morning or evening apps. I think its best to be more accomodating when you're new as you can fit in more clients and more money for you then when you have regular clients you can change your times to suit you xx

I agree Mel. I'm helping this friend look at expanding her income as she has three stylists (p/t) without full columns. Part of me thinks the salon can't compete on the hours it does but I think she may view it as if there's already empty slots they don't need more, but I believe evening appts will appeal x

Look at the competition, I think you need to match their opening hours at least if not offer more (another late night or one Sunday a month etc)

I'm inclined to agree. Very early initial research (top ten hits on google in our area) and all are open 5-6 days a week 9-5, most open till later on more than two nights.

That's why I thought good to check on here, I don't know about hair salons in general as being a mobile nail tech my hours were incredibly flexible x

I have a two treatment salon just me not on the high street, on a disused farm I am open Tuesday and Thursday 11-9 Wednesday 9-9 and Friday 9-6 Saturday 8.30-3.30. When I first started I only did late night Tuesday and Thursday but my evening appointments went the quickest so do three now as no salon near me opens that late.
I am beauty therapist

Kirsty

"We put the treat in your treatment"

Were a medium hair and beauty salon.
3 stylists and 2 beautician/nail techs

Were open tuesday and friday 10-7
Thursday 10-8
Sat 9-5
Sun 10-3

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Bumping up

Thanks as ever for you responses.

Would people agree then it is worth offering later appts even if not fully booked yet? A sort of 'build it & they will come' approach? X

I think evening appointments are my most popular so definitely x

Yes I think they need to offer at least one late night :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

We are a small two room salon with a reception/nail area. We are open mon and tues 9-6, wed thurs fri 9-8 and sat 10-6. There aren't always 2 therapists on, except for Friday and Saturday and our evening appointments go the quickest. We had an open day and a lot of people commented on how great it was that we were open later than anywhere else near us, and it has won us a lot of clients x

Bumping up

Thanks as ever for you responses.

Would people agree then it is worth offering later appts even if not fully booked yet? A sort of 'build it & they will come' approach? X

Yes, I think so.

I'm in a largish size salon, 16 stations, 6 bowls, 6 dryers. Reception area, nail room, and skincare room (waxing, facials, tanning, makeup, etc..)

We are open M-F 9am to 5pm, and Sat 9am-2pm.

I work when I want, and do quite a few "outcalls" on Fri and Sat nites, and some on Sun.

I have a small beauty salon with 2 treatment rooms, a nail bar and 2 hairstylist positions. We are open tues 9-1, wed 9-6, thurs 9-9:30, fri 9-6 and sat 9-2. Definitely evening appts are booked up quicker weeks in advance xx

Small beauty salon (one nail tech and two therapists) were open:

Tue, wed, fri 10-6
Thur 10-8
Sat 9-4

:)

Latest posts

Back