What are your top 3 make-up products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Top 3 products for me are:

1. Airbase foundation (I know this it is super expensive for the kit but it has worked really well for me, range of colours that suits all skin types and hides a multitude of sins)

2. Naked pallet by Urban Decay

3. Bobby Brown Gel Liner - sepia is really popular

Hope this helps :)

Thank you that is really helpful, I definitely want to invest in airbase, but I'm adding Gelish to my menu this week so all of the colours are a big outlay... It is definitely something that I want to offer though!
The naked palette, ah I forgot to order that, must do it now lol
Thank you for your reply xo

The Naked pallet is on Buyapowa now as a co-buy so you can get it a bit cheaper if that helps x

The Naked pallet is on Buyapowa now as a co-buy so you can get it a bit cheaper if that helps x

Ooh that's great thank you so much :) xo

Well I've ordered the Naked palette, a Dermablend palette and have invested in a few foundations.
I'm waiting until I can get to the beauty counters to test a few Illamasqua foundations and MAC ones too.
I bought a couple of Clarins Everlast foundations, been using them personally for a few days and they're pretty good- full coverage, last well, blend easily. I'll be using them on a client today too x

I love Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, Illamasqua Skin Base and MAC strobe fluid.

Oh yes I forgot about strobe fluid, thank you!

Well I used the Clarins foundation on my client and I didnt like it- really hard to work in and went powdery in places. My client is over the moon but I'm not happy :( x

Strobe cream is lovely but it flashes back so avoid it for bridal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks salj! It's definitely photographic work that I'm the least confident with so it's great to know the products to avoid.

I've actually gotten 2 more bookings from the make up I did yesterday, using the Clarins foundation so I was obviously being pedantic lol x

I love estée lauder double wear, nars blusher in deep throat and dior addict lipgloss :)

Well since I started this thread I have qualified as a make up artist :) so I have new hero products to add:

Stila Illuminating Foundation, this foundation blends like a dream and photographs beautifully, though it has a tendency to go shiny so it does need to be powdered well

Illamasqua loose powder in 010 a really finely milled powder and smells gorgeous, love it!

Ingot eyeshadows are amazing :)

Illamasqua Masquara, really loving this mascara, gives great length and thickness

Crown brushes are really great quality for the price

I have lots more favourite products but these will do for now ;)

Good thread. I'm just training/building my kit but

Maybelline gel liner- as good if not better than Mac as it doesn't dry up and lasts all day.

Urban Decay primer potion

Inglot eyeshadows (or Urban Decay).

(also a shout out for the Maybelline colour tattoos- again I reckon as good if not better than Mac Paint Pots. I do love finding a hero product in the high street. I think Maybelline have really upped their game in the past year or so).

I'm a bit rubbish at sticking to 3 so I'm also going to throw in La Femme blushers, my Z Palettes (have depotted all my Urban Decay shadows into 1 so I only have to cart around 1 palette instead of 3). Oh and Inglot Freedom system lipsticks too.

Good thread. I'm just training/building my kit but

Maybelline gel liner- as good if not better than Mac as it doesn't dry up and lasts all day.

Urban Decay primer potion

Inglot eyeshadows (or Urban Decay).

(also a shout out for the Maybelline colour tattoos- again I reckon as good if not better than Mac Paint Pots. I do love finding a hero product in the high street. I think Maybelline have really upped their game in the past year or so).

I'm a bit rubbish at sticking to 3 so I'm also going to throw in La Femme blushers, my Z Palettes (have depotted all my Urban Decay shadows into 1 so I only have to cart around 1 palette instead of 3). Oh and Inglot Freedom system lipsticks too.

You need to get some Inglot gel liner and Duraline in your life! You will love it! Best gel liner by far, compared to MAC, Bobbi Brown... But keep the little brush from your maybelline liner as its fab :)

X

i have blushers from keraja - not in retail cases - in salon use ones

they have metal bottom

anyone know where i could get a pallette that has like a magnetic attachment

so i could set them all in and they would stay?

i have blushers from keraja - not in retail cases - in salon use ones

they have metal bottom

anyone know where i could get a pallette that has like a magnetic attachment

so i could set them all in and they would stay?

The Z Palettes are magnetised (and come with extra magnet stickers just in case).

I got mine from love mAkeup too I think of possibly guru makeup emporium

My fav 3 would be:

Diorskin Forever foundation (although I do airbrush which is great for bridal and 99% brides do choose it but personally I love the traditional stuff for application and look)

MAC Paintpot in constructionist

Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara

You could easily create a whole bridal look out of only those 3 products with a bit of oil to highlight the cheekbones and lips.

x
Holy moley I have moved on so much since I wrote this! I really don't use any of those products any more.

The KJB RCMA foundation palette

Eyeko Black Magic foundation

Inglot 77 eyeliner

Cannot live without these now!

Thanks for your reply, I was actually going to message you..
I would like some good all round foundations that suit more than one skin type.
I am confident with make up application but with so many foundations to choose from I'm a bit lost lol!
Particularly when doing bridal make up as obviously they will be photographed so I want to make sure I don't pick foundation that gives the dreaded white face! x

Honestly, I have 11 foundations on the go at the minute (too much I know, but I can't help myself lol). My current fave is the body shop one and it's only £15! It's amazing, try it! X

Latest posts

Back