What are your top 3 make-up products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkfairy

Reaction score
Morning all, I wonder if any of you experienced geeks could tell me what your top 3 make up products are?
I am currently trying to build my professional make up kit back up again after taking a break for a few years and with so many new products on the market I don't want to waste my money.
So, if you could only afford 3 products, what would they be and why?
I would be especially interested in products with multi-purposes...
Thanks in advance :) x

ahhh dont make me choose!!!!

lols just 3? i couldnt do it!

but Keraja range well worth you checking out as they locally supplied

ahhh dont make me choose!!!!

lols just 3? i couldnt do it!

but Keraja range well worth you checking out as they locally supplied

Are they good? I've a few wedding and prom bookings coming up and I while I would love to buy every product on the market I'm on a budget. Is it Euro products you get the Karaja range from? X

yes and guess what they got a vat free day monday!!! which is very unusual

so heres what i rate from their range

skin velvet foundation - amazing top seller

photo finish foundation - excellent for oily skins, good last

eye brow pencils and eyeliners etc good

lip products good love lip perfect no 4

bronzers no 19 and 60 love

powder blushers good - the cream ones dont blend over well

eye shadow primer - not great

dont like their eye shadows

Ooh really? Is it in Carryduff? I wonder if they would give me a temp trade card on the day if I brought my certs with me as I don't have an account with them.
I may just go ahead and order a few bits to try on myself x

Urban decay naked palette - use it all the time , ideal for bridal

Fluid line eyeliner from mac in black track- again a staple I use all the time

Dermacolour concealer mini palette, covers pretty much everything

Hope this helps , can wait to hear others opinion I'm such a makeup junkie and live hearing and trying what other ppl have in their kit

Urban decay naked palette - use it all the time , ideal for bridal

Fluid line eyeliner from mac in black track- again a staple I use all the time

Dermacolour concealer mini palette, covers pretty much everything

Hope this helps , can wait to hear others opinion I'm such a makeup junkie and live hearing and trying what other ppl have in their kit

Yes this is really helpful, thank you!
I've been looking at the naked palette and Dermablend- where did you get your palette from? X

Screenface for the concealer- love anything that is space saving as my kit is HUGE now and anything that comes in a palette or can be depotted is a bonus.

Urban decay can get all over the place . I also love the ud limited addition one that I can't remember what it s called but comes it a mirrored box and is brighter colours

Screenface for the concealer- love anything that is space saving as my kit is HUGE now and anything that comes in a palette or can be depotted is a bonus.

Urban decay can get all over the place . I also love the ud limited addition one that I can't remember what it s called but comes it a mirrored box and is brighter colours

Is it the book of shadows one you mean or the one in a small black palette? I have those, lovely colour, last forever!
Brilliant, thank you, I definitely need to invest in the concealer palette.
x

Could b book of shadows x

they will be mega busy monday so if you live close by take all your info and just go in and gives you poper chance to see products

they will be mega busy monday so if you live close by take all your info and just go in and gives you poper chance to see products

I'm nowhere near it- probably wont get to it tomorrow but I'll definitely have to get my info sent off and order a few bits x

Where are all the mua's?? x

No strictly a make up product, but I couldn't be without Nars Pro Prime eyeshadow primer. It is the best that I have tried by far.

What are you looking to add to your kit in particular? Let me know and I'll come up with some specific suggestions for you x

Thanks for your reply, I was actually going to message you..
I would like some good all round foundations that suit more than one skin type.
I am confident with make up application but with so many foundations to choose from I'm a bit lost lol!
Particularly when doing bridal make up as obviously they will be photographed so I want to make sure I don't pick foundation that gives the dreaded white face! x

My fav 3 would be:

Diorskin Forever foundation (although I do airbrush which is great for bridal and 99% brides do choose it but personally I love the traditional stuff for application and look)

MAC Paintpot in constructionist

Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara

You could easily create a whole bridal look out of only those 3 products with a bit of oil to highlight the cheekbones and lips.

x

Oh thank you that's fab!
How many shades of foundation do you usually carry? If I had the lightest and darkest I guess I could mix the needed shade?
I feel a trip to House of Fraser coming on lol x

I'm a Makeup Artist :) Choosing 3 products is hard but I'll try my best haha.

1. Makeup Forever HD Foundation. I use it on most photoshoots and it looks very natural. I also use the HD Face and Body Foundation.

2. Yaby Eyeshadow Palettes. They are lightweight, use less space in your kit and are super cute! Each eyeshadow is about the size of a 5p coin and you get 40 in each palette. I have them in Dramatically Neutral, World of Pearl Paints (my favourite!) and Something Bright. They are pricey but compared to what you pay for a 15 pan MAC eyeshadow palette it's totally worth it. The colours are blendable and highly pigmented (great for photography). There is another one called Best of Both Worlds which has all the popular shades from the individual palettes.

3. La Femme Blush. I can't tell you how amazing these blushes are. The pigment is insane and you have to use a light hand when applying. Looks beautiful on all skintones and price is very affordable if you're on a budget.

Hope this helps!

Sorry to just jump in here but I am slowly building my kit, which are your fav la femme blushers? And do you rate their eyeshadow?thanks

I'm a Makeup Artist :) Choosing 3 products is hard but I'll try my best haha.

1. Makeup Forever HD Foundation. I use it on most photoshoots and it looks very natural. I also use the HD Face and Body Foundation.

2. Yaby Eyeshadow Palettes. They are lightweight, use less space in your kit and are super cute! Each eyeshadow is about the size of a 5p coin and you get 40 in each palette. I have them in Dramatically Neutral, World of Pearl Paints (my favourite!) and Something Bright. They are pricey but compared to what you pay for a 15 pan MAC eyeshadow palette it's totally worth it. The colours are blendable and highly pigmented (great for photography). There is another one called Best of Both Worlds which has all the popular shades from the individual palettes.

3. La Femme Blush. I can't tell you how amazing these blushes are. The pigment is insane and you have to use a light hand when applying. Looks beautiful on all skintones and price is very affordable if you're on a budget.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! Can I ask where you get the Yaby palettes from? x

Latest posts

Back