What bad nail advice have you heard?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my new clients said,

"My old tech said its better if I pick them off before I get there because it will save her soaking them off" !:eek:

By a student on the brisafoundation: Nice colors in the brisagels
me:?!? what do you mean?
The student: when I do nails usually, the gell looks milky, so to get the nice pink color I use a coarse file and file the nail down till its nice and red, gives a nice pink color in the end.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

woman in shop said to me i love the look of enhancments but i had them gel ones on and they ruined my nails!

me: they really shouldnt have ruined your nails did you have them taken off by the salon?

her: no just pulled em off!

me:THATS WHAT DAMAGED YOUR NAILS!!!!!

The student: when I do nails usually, the gell looks milky, so to get the nice pink color I use a coarse file and file the nail down till its nice and red, gives a nice pink color in the end.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek:OMG:eek::eek::eek:

are you kiddin me do you know where she works i am gonna call the nail police..............arest that woman NOW NOW NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeeez that made me cringe !!! :eek:

Yes I just turned around and went away not sure if I should cry or laugh
Obviously she was told very different by the tutor but still .

when i did my training with a leading soak off gel we were told to apply a layer of gel before applying the tip.

i asked if this was to protect against accidental damage when blending the tip.

she told me that it was because nail adhesive was damaging to the nail.:rolleyes:

Yes I just turned around and went away not sure if I should cry or laugh
Obviously she was told very different by the tutor but still .

think i would have slapped her side ways pmsl...only joking...ish :lol:

I was admiring a very badly sculpted set of nails that the lady at our local post office had had the misfortune of having done. Apparently, the tech had sculpted the tip in l & p, but had reverted to using gel for the rest of the enhancement as her nails were greasy and this made the acrylic lift???? Er 'ok' I said - nothing to do with poor prep then?
I have to admit though, that I am learning a lot from this site and the post from Geeg regarding filing (e.g. left to centre, then right to centre) was something that I had been taught to do - yay don't have to faff about anymore.
Claire x

I have always been told that gel and acrylic damage your nails... never made any sense but I'm glad to be more in the know. . . so thank you.
I have recently opened my own place and am looking into nail training but have no idea where to start... I do Orly manicures and Pedicures but can anyone offer advice on gel vs acrylic? Gels seem very very fiddly and confusing but I don't know if i like the finished look of acrylics as much. :cry: Erica :confused:

You shouldn't have nail extensions, they ruin your nails... (beauty therapist) :lol:

I have had this a lot and it tends to be from older beauty therapists. I have asked a few why they say this and ive been told its becuase they are not natural and they are "trained" against them

as I say this is just from older beauty therapists

Latest posts

Back