What can i do now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g5m_sh

Reaction score
Hiya every one!

I have just done my CND foundation course - i learned loads and loads form it!

What can i do now?

I am pritty new to every thing, only been doing nails for a few month but am looking to make it my full time job. Whats the next step with CND

Also, can any one recomend any were in my area (North East) were i can learn some beauty stuff like, waxing, tinting and so on. I want to get a few things under my belt!

Thanks

xx

I would personally work on practicing everything you have learnt and build up your nail experience first before embarking on doing more.

A few months isn't very long in this industry, so i would just get doing as many nails as possible to really refine all your techniques.

Its better to be great at doing nails, then learn more, than a jack of all trades in my opinion.

Good luck Hun.

Hi Gemma,

It's great that you found your Foundation so rewarding. I thoroughly enjoyed mine too.

The next thing for you to do, IMO is to practise what you have learnt, practise and practise, get familiar with your chosen system, enjoy working with it, get to know how it feels to work with.
Be confident in offering nails before you move onto learning a different service as Talented Talons said.

I see by your signature that your a mobile tech.
Make sure you have the confidence to offer your clients a excellent job that they will be happy to pay for, because they will be only too happy to tell others if your not producing the goods!

Don't forget about having insurance too, this day and age, it would be careless not to, there are so many adverts on the TV these days about accidents...what if you spilt acetone all over a clients new wood table???? Perish the thought!!

Most of all hun, enjoy it, it's the best thing I've ever done!!

PS: You don't mention whether you do L&P or Gel?

XXX

Hi Gemma,

It's great that you found your Foundation so rewarding. I thoroughly enjoyed mine too.

The next thing for you to do, IMO is to practise what you have learnt, practise and practise, get familiar with your chosen system, enjoy working with it, get to know how it feels to work with.
Be confident in offering nails before you move onto learning a different service as Talented Talons said.

I see by your signature that your a mobile tech.
Make sure you have the confidence to offer your clients a excellent job that they will be happy to pay for, because they will be only too happy to tell others if your not producing the goods!

Don't forget about having insurance too, this day and age, it would be careless not to, there are so many adverts on the TV these days about accidents...what if you spilt acetone all over a clients new wood table???? Perish the thought!!

Most of all hun, enjoy it, it's the best thing I've ever done!!

PS: You don't mention whether you do L&P or Gel?

XXX

Thanks for you reply,

Thing is, i can do nails, i could do them before i done the course so really all the course has done is give me a few more tips and stuff like that!

I have my insurance sorted, i am reg as self-emp and i have 25 clients. I still have a full time job so i am limited on how many clients i can have but i go part time 1st Oct so i was wanting to start learing more stuff then.

Have you done any more courses with CND?

x

Hi Gemma,

I have not taken any more courses with CND, but I have with EZFlow.

I would work towards your masters with your system - that's the direction for me anyhow.

I have done other courses for waxing & eyelash tinting & perming, although that only takes up a very small amount of my time.

Hi Gemma,

I have not taken any more courses with CND, but I have with EZFlow.

I would work towards your masters with your system - that's the direction for me anyhow.

I have done other courses for waxing & eyelash tinting & perming, although that only takes up a very small amount of my time.

I know that i wont get much custom from the waxing and that but i just want to be able to offer it.

Did you do it with a company or a collage? I was thinking about doing it at collage but its a years course and i cant have Acrylics on!

xx

Latest posts

Back