What can I do to KEEP my hair straight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Luck! You are not alone in this one. I too have the exact same hiar and Have been working since September to let it grow and keep the front part straight (since my family likes it). Do you find that your hair gets curlier as it grows out -- and I say out because of the thickness. My hair defies what most beautician have learned. OF course most say "how lucky we are" NOT! I did have it perm straighter a couple of times - do not do this! We don't know how to deal with straight hair. I was in tears because my bangs were about to break off at the scalp. But it did make me appreciate my curls but I'm still striving for some straightness.
Here's what I've learned...Use a straightening shampoo and conditioner. This help tremedously with the fizz. Unfortunately it doesn't do anything else for me. Use a straightening serum (Kendra) does work, but be patient and realy work it in. Use a good flat iron that gets hot 400 degrees and a hot spray. Mine is TIGI brand and I got it on sale for $75/80. When flat ironing: section the hair, iron small sections slowly. This takes practice and patience...patience and practice.
My stylists tell me the reason we can't make it look as good as theirs is 1) they have more experience and 2) they are working from the top where we are working straight forward. My ladies, I can tell, are frustrated with me because I keep asking and saying I can't do it. They keep encouraging me and keep giving me free lessons on how to do it. Sometimes I can get it to look good but again it's all patience and practice. We are considering a straightening treatment however they don't seem to enthused to do it because they keep trying more products. Good Luck and let me know if you find something that works!!

Here's to our curl madness!!:mad:

Hi That product is available in many good salons, cant mention too much about where to buy it. The problem about frizzing when you go out is because hair is quite hyroscopic, meaning it attracts and soaks up miosture. So basically what all such products do is seal the hair shaft to keep the moisture out. As for straighteners, the professional ones (no brand names!!) reach as high as 210 degrees. This drives out all excess moisture and seals down the cuticle, leaving long lasting straightness, and a nice shine too!

Latest posts

Back