What can you recommend for irritated skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllaX

Reaction score
A while back I bought 2 for 1 Herbal Essence Shampoo for coloured hair, started to use the first bottle and came out in awful lumpy rash kinda thing around my hairline, near my ears and the sides of neck, it was very dry and itchy - first i thought it was a bad case of spots, finished the bottle of shampoo and it cleared up after a few while.
Forgot i had the second bottle in the cupboard until last week, opened it and started using it again and the same thing happened - this was when i put it down to the shampoo, stopped using it today as soon as i realised.

My skin is red and itchy round my hairline - under my fringe, near my ears and on my neck (anywhere where my hair touches or shampoo gets when you are washing your hair in the shower)

Is there any cream anyone could recommend to clear this up or should I visit the doctors?

Not sure about creams, but my mum used to have this problem whenever she had a perm.
An old school hairdresser that I knew said it was the neutraliser as it's an alkali (too drying for our skin which is slightly acidic.) He swore by a pot of full fat natural yogurt used as a scalp mask.:eek:
It worked for my mum. (It has to be full fat though, something about replacing natural fats and lipids.)
Hope it helps, we wanna see a picture though.:lol:

not showing a pic - luckily my hair covers it - so not too noticable!!
Will try yoghurt, it has its uses doesnt it - i use it for sunburn xx

Sounds like you're allergic to the shampoo. You could go and see a pharmacist and ask if they can recommend something. If you need to go to a doctor the pharmacist will tell you.
Hope it clears up soon xx

It is great for dry & irritated skin.
I meant a photo of you wearing the yogurt hair pack, wasn't laughing at your flaky bits hun.

Polytar is good for the scalp - my poor sister has the most severe psoriasis on her scalp and around her hair line and this helps. It's in a gold bottle. You can pick up many medicated shampoo's with the same properties from Pharmacists - I THINK, at one stage you would have had to get a prescription, but now you can just buy them.

Hope you get it sorted soon :hug:

Aloe Vera? Cold Green Tea Bags? Worth A Try !

Rach I had the same problem as you. I suffer from excema quite bad and I have been using Herbal Essence shampoo for a while and I had a terrible rash on my ears and my hairline, it was weeping and everything. Was awful.

Went to the docs and he said it must be the shampoo, so I have stopped using the shampoo now and its not too bad and he gave me some anitibiotics to clear it up.

Rach I had the same problem as you. I suffer from excema quite bad and I have been using Herbal Essence shampoo for a while and I had a terrible rash on my ears and my hairline, it was weeping and everything. Was awful.

Went to the docs and he said it must be the shampoo, so I have stopped using the shampoo now and its not too bad and he gave me some anitibiotics to clear it up.

Glad its not just me! will try yogurt, aloe vera and natural stuff first, if that fails will get some Polytar. Thanx girls! xx:hug:

Latest posts

Back