What car do you drive?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a VW Fox, it's only small but the back seats pull forward which allows me to get all my mobile kit in the boot and still be able to use the back seats.

I bought myself the new Mercedes E class last December just as the snow set in. It's a rear wheel drive so it stayed in my garage until the snow melted as they are notoriously bad for this type of weather. My hubby has just bought a vovlo xc90 to fit us and all the brood in so I'll probably be using that to go to clinics in if the snow has set in.

I love my car though, had a c class before that but needed a bigger one as the kids were growing. Boot size great on both on them.

Mercedes SLK 230 Kompressor. Hairdressers car.

I hear they come complete with scissors in the glove box. :D

I have a slapper red, new VW Polo. I lurve that little baby. :)

I bought myself the new Mercedes E class last December just as the snow set in. It's a rear wheel drive so it stayed in my garage until the snow melted as they are notoriously bad for this type of weather. My hubby has just bought a vovlo xc90 to fit us and all the brood in so I'll probably be using that to go to clinics in if the snow has set in.

I love my car though, had a c class before that but needed a bigger one as the kids were growing. Boot size great on both on them.

We had a e300 and the e320 and it was lovely drive, looking at getting the s class next year but I think it's too big xx

I have a black, Limited Ed, Ford Puma. Love my baby, shes called Ava. hehe :o Shes not very good in the snow though at the moment lol

Had to abandon the car this morning as I was sliding all over the place. 2 seaters are rubbish in bad weather.

I've got a new hyundai i10. its small and nippy and economic.
don't know what its like to drive in the snow yet as only driven it once since the bad weather as I am such a wuss.
Mr Chick says in theory it should be ok as small thin tyres.

can fit a full week shop in the boot.

Bought a Hyundai Santa Fe earlier this year, not a new one. Love it! Not bad fuel economy for a 2.0ltr 4wd, absolutely brilliant for 2 kids and a mobile kit and it's just eating it's way through the snow :green:

I have a peugeot 306 and I manage in the snow ok.

But the hubs has a mitsubishi evo 3 and that is pure awesome :D 4-wheel drive

Oooh what is she like in snow? We're getting insane amounts of snow up here in Newcastle at the minute so I think I'm going to need something that's decent in snow. I'd love an Audi tt quatro but the insurance and petrol would be insane!! I love the smart roadster brabus as well (the 1 mercedes make) but it's rear wheel drive so I'd be screwed in snow! Love the mercedes slk as well :) I'm looking for something sporty looking I guess whilst I'm still husband and kiddy free

I think this is a very valid point!

I used to have a very stylish (imho) midnight blue Audi cabriolet, then I got a Picasso and I felt the two cars suited my split personality... Sexy / Mama! :lol:

I have one car now, a Focus, it is a TDCi Titanium, whatever that means, it is a great car, probably the nicest car -to drive- that I have ever had. (My o/h says the Ford Focus is the best selling car and I can see why.) However, it is not sexy. Although I don't mind because I have the most gorgeous kids and vanity no longer has a place in my life...:lol:

I reckon all sexy cars are rubbish in the snow. I was so lucky last winter when I got stuck in the snow for over 8 hours in my Picasso. So lucky I wasn't in the Audi :eek:

Hi I got an American Ford F150 Harley Davidson Special Edition, did have a Mitsubushi Diamond and loved it, but love my Harley and don't think I will ever get rid of it :)

My brother has a "Ford F150 Harley Davidson" (A Builders car) I used it for a week and was only getting 12-14 mpg... so it was costing us more than it was worth!. Parking was not cool round our way (tight roads).

back to the Getz!

Su x

I've got a BMW Z3 and I love love love it !! It drives great in the snow surprisingly, my husband has a BMW 3 Series and he uses mine in bad weather as it doesn't slide around as much as his! The boot is a good size and the seats are really comfortable. I put the hard top on for winter cos it's safer in bad weather than the soft top. I get so many compliments about my car even though it's old now, it seems timeless. Drive one and you'll love it!!!!!!!!

I have a Fiat 500 - fun little bubble, absolutely love it. It's so nice to drive and has been fine in the snow - not had a problem :) It's fast and fun hehe

I have a black Audi TT - it's a great wee car :) but just after I got it I discovered I was pregnant, but I wasn't for giving it up, lol! Not the most practical for a wee babi on board but we manage - getting a pram & car seat to fit was a pain

I have a Micra Convertable. Its a bit different and its good in the snow. Its got a huge boot so its good if im doing pamper parties at peoples houses as i can get my couch in there no bother. Just not the best if you want to have people sitting in the back as there is no leg space lol.

I have a black Audi TT - it's a great wee car :) but just after I got it I discovered I was pregnant, but I wasn't for giving it up, lol! Not the most practical for a wee babi on board but we manage - getting a pram & car seat to fit was a pain

You've got the exact car I want including the colour! How much is the road tax a year on them and are they bad for petrol?

I have a Mercedes SLK (which I waited a long time for). 30 - 40 mpg and road tax just over £200 for the year.
Not a lot of boot space when the roof is down, but you can get about 8 bags of shopping in. Best of all only having two seats I don`t get the short straw for being the chauffeur when out with friends and family..... somehow it always ended up me driving ALL the time!!

Latest posts

Back